5th November 2015, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for doing deck cadet course Computer Diploma?

Sir i am doing diploma in computer engineering at last year. I was completed CISCO certified networking course name is CCNA, MICROSOFT certified windows server 2003 and 2007. So tell me if i am eligible to join merchant navy? [email protected]

12th November 2015, 02:04 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible for doing deck cadet course Computer Diploma?

No sir you are not eligible for merchant navy field as if you have diploma.
You are allowed to join merchant navy after :-

1. Completion of 12th standard from any recognized board with subjects combination ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & Optional ).

2. After completion of B.Sc in Nautical.

3. After completion of B.Tech in Mechanical trade.

As you are a diploma holder then you have chance to join b.tech course. After completing the B.Tech you can apply for one year training certificate which is required for joining merchant navy.
12th November 2015, 08:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for doing deck cadet course Computer Diploma?

No, you are not eligible to apply for deck cadet course after completion of diploma in computer engineering course.

The minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects and should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

Or the candidate must have passed B.Tech/ B.E in streams of ECE, EEE, IT/ CS and EIE from a recognized university.

If you pursue B.Tech after completion of diploma then you are eligible to apply for deck cadet course.

The official website is http://www.bimsworld.com/deck-cadet.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?