23rd April 2017, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical?

Sir, Can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering for B.E on the base of Diploma in mechanical . But I have dropped my one year after completing Diploma.. So, if you can tell me how could i get admission.. and also tell me name of some recognized colleges.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  3. Criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Computer Science?
  5. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  7. Admission procedure in 2nd year of aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical? List of colleges for getting aeronautical engineering admission?
  8. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  9. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Eligibility to study B.Tech Aeronautical for Diploma Mechanical student? Total fee expenses of B.Tech Aeronautical?
  11. Am I eligible for Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  12. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Computer Engineering Diploma student?
  14. Can I get admission in B.Tech aeronautical after completing diploma mechanical engineering
  15. Can I get admission for aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  17. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Entrance exams to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma course? List of colleges in Chennai, Pune and Bangalore?
24th April 2017, 08:34 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering course from a recognized institution. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering course from a recognized institution are eligible to get admission for pursuing Aeronautical Engineering course. So, being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Mechanical Engineering course through lateral entry admission process.
24th April 2017, 05:08 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering for B.E on the base of Diploma in mechanical . But I have dropped my one year after completing Diploma.. So, if you can tell me how could i get admission.. and also tell me name of some recognized colleges.

You are eligible to get admission in B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering in some colleges, after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering. Candidates with diploma in any branch of engineering of three years duration, from state board of technical education or B.Sc degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks can apply for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. You can study the B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering in the following colleges

Manav Rachna International University - Website Link

P.M. Group of Institutions - Website Link

ILM College of Engineering and Technology - Website Link
24th April 2017, 05:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum eligibility criteria, yes it is possible that one can get admission for aeronautical engineering after completing a diploma in Mechanics.

Those candidates who have completed their diploma engineering course can directly get admission in 2nd year engineering course through lateral entry.

The final selection is based on the entrance examination conducted by the respective University.
24th April 2017, 06:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible you can change your branch after completing diploma in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognised University.

After completing diploma actually lateral entry is way is the only way for getting into B tech for engineering students.

Even for first year of engineering students have the right to change their branch.
16th May 2017, 11:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidates are not eligible for B.Tech/B.E in Aeronautical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from a recognized university are eligible for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?