17th September 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course?

Dear Sir/Madam,
Am I eligible for getting admission in NIT or IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course? And also I want to know that I can get Lateral Entry?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course? -- [New]
  2. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  3. Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?
  4. After completing diploma in CSE from Polytechnic can I take admission in B.E Civil through lateral entry?
  5. Information about lateral entry exam after completing Diploma?
  6. Am I eligible for AMIE after completing 3 years of diploma through lateral entry?
  7. Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in up and delhi -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Institutes for Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in Uttar Pradesh?
  9. Is there a lateral entry option available for Polytechnic Diploma Students in AIEEE B.Tech Colleges?
  10. Lateral entry to B.tech after Diploma or Direct entry through EAMCET: Better choice for doing B.Tech?
  11. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  12. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  13. Lateral entry for Diploma Holder to Degree programs
  14. Eligibility for lateral entry in B.Tech colleges of Tamil Nadu?
  15. Am I eligible for CAT ? I'm doing BCA (2nd yr) Lateral entry After completing Diploma.
  16. Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?
  17. Am I eligible to attend the Tamilnadu B.E lateral entry counseling after completing diploma with 95% from Tamilnadu?
  18. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
22nd September 2015, 08:02 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT/IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. To be eligible to get admission in NIT/IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognized board and the candidate must have to appea, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main (for NIT) and JEE Advanced (for IIT). Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT /IIT.
22nd September 2015, 05:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course?

Unfortunately, NIT/IIT don't offer lateral entry admission to diploma holders. They have only first year admission for 12th passed students through JEE.

Therefore, you have to look for other engineering colleges which offer lateral entry admission through exams like LEET or JELET or UPSEE.
22nd September 2015, 09:11 PM
DSP@1

No, you are not eligible for IIT/NIT after completing Polytechnic course.

The eligibility criteria for IIT/NIT are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed 12th standard or it's equivalent in MPC(Maths,Physics and Chemistry) stream.
-Candidate age must be between 17-25 years.
-Percentage criteria in intermediate is given to state wise differently.

As it is mentioned that candidates who are applying for IIT must have completed 12th standard in MPC stream you are not eligible for IIT/NIT.

After diploma you can do graduation but not in IIT/NIT.

If you want to join IIT/NIT then you have to study 12th standard in MPC stream after completing your Diploma then you will be eligible for IIT/NIT.

But then also you have to qualify JEE Mains for getting admission NIT and JEE ADVANCED for getting admission in IIT.
23rd September 2015, 05:02 PM
kanwar555

Smile Re: Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course?

Hi Bro,

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT being a Diploma holder.IITs and NITs conduct a special Entrance test and eligibility for that test is 12 with PCM subjects.

Since you are a Diploma Holder,you are not eligible for getting Lateral entry admission into IIT and NIT.But you need not to worry you can still apply for some reputed Colleges in India under Lateral entry scheme.

Some renowned Colleges offering admission under Lateral entry scheme:

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University

Lovely Professional University

All the best
29th June 2017, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

I completed puc in Maths physics chemistry & now completed diploma in civil now am I eligible for NIT IIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?