24th December 2013, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?

Completed 10 3 yrs engineering diploma in computer science then completed B.E as i have already completed diploma i got admission to 2 year first year is relaxed for diploma holder so am i eligible to become IAS officer as i havnt studied 12

25th December 2013, 12:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?

It is nice to see that you have well planned your career and study period. You are pursuing BE now rather than doing job is a good plan for your career because it will not only open up many new job opportunities with higher remuneration but also will make you eligible for various exams which require graduation as the minimal qualification. Your ambition of becoming an IAS officer is really appreciable as India is in need of strict administration and more and more involvement of the youth in this field will definitely develop this field and make it work effectively.

You will be eligible for IAS exam once you complete your BE degree course even though you have done diploma course and not appeared for 10+2. According to the eligibility criteria of IAS, there is no criteria stated which states that the candidate has to be a 10+2 passed. Everything is judged as per the graduation degree which is the qualification exam to be eligible for IAS exam. However you must make sure that you are pursuing BE course from a recognized institute of India.

The eligibility conditions for IAS exam is attached herewith.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Print5.pdf(1.12 MB, 112 views)
25th December 2013, 11:10 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

If you are completed graduate degree then definitely you are eligible to apply for IAS examination. If you are not completed graduate degree than you are not eligible to apply. Lets the eligibility criteria for this examination.

IAS i.e Indian Administrative Service and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. To become an IAS officer, the candidate need to appear for Civil Service Examination.

To apply for Civil Service Examination, the candidate should have a completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. There is no percentage bar required to apply for this examination. Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable as per Government Rules. 5 years relaxation for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes, 3 years relaxation for Other Backward Caste, 10 years relaxation for Person with Disabilities.

Number of attempts :-

SC/ST - No Restriction
OBC - 7
General - 4

Civil Service Examination can be divided into three categories :-

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Personal Interview

Preliminary Examination : The examination will be divided into two compulsory papers of 200 marks each. Both questions papers will be multiple choice questions. The question papers will be available in bilingual. Each paper will be of two hours.

Main Examination : The examination will be divided into seven papers.

Paper - I Essay, English Comprehension & English Precis
Paper - II General Studies - I
Paper - III General Studies - II
Paper - IV General Studies - III
Paper - V General Studies - IV
Paper - VI Optional Paper - I
Paper - VII Optional Paper - II
13th January 2014, 10:46 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Completion of 12th class is not mandatory for the candidates to apply for the recruitment procedure to become IAS Officer but only thing that is mandatory is the candidate should have completed Graduation.

Only Graduates are eligible to apply for the selection procedure.

In order to be placed in civil services, you should crack civil services exam which is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

The complete selection procedure would involve
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Coming your profile,

As you have completed your BE course after diploma, that will be considered as Graduation.

You can surely apply for this exam.

Opt for the optional subjects in accordance with your stream in Graduation and have good preparation for the same.

Your age should be between 21-30 years to apply for this exam.

Just check yourself whether you will fall under this age criteria or not.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
1st August 2021, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I am passing 12th private board and complete the degree with UGC recognised board can I eligible for UPSC exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?