18th February 2018, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join in another branch for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hi, I am presently studying Diploma Mechanical final year. I'm not interested in Mechanical. So, I want to join in ECE after diploma mechanical. Is it possible to Choose another branch in B.Tech? Can you please give me the details soon as possible? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join in another branch for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to join Navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to join Robotics engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to join M.Tech in Aeronautical after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  11. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Detailed information about colleges with fee structure which offers B.Tech(Mechatronics Engineering) programme for diploma holder?
  13. What are the ways to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE?
  14. What should I do to join diploma in electronics communication after completion of ITI Mechanical engineering?
  15. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  16. Possibility of doing degree instead of engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical branch
  17. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
25th February 2018, 12:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join in another branch for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, why not, you can definitely go for others stream after passing your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
The best examinations which held for the diploma holders to pursue their bachelor's degree in technology from a good engineering college is the LEET. LEET stands for lateral entry entrance test. You must have obtained minimum of 60% of marks in Diploma and you must not have any pending backlogs moreover your age should be below 28 years.
25th February 2018, 04:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join in another branch for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

If you want to pursue BTech in another stream rather than continuing with Mechanical Engineering after diploma then you can definitely do that and to take admission in BTech either you can appear in LEET entrance test because if you get qualified in that then you will get admission in 2nd year directly.
25th February 2018, 08:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to join in another branch of B.Tech after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. You have to pursue B.Tech course in the same branch in which you have pursued your Diploma course. Being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical Engineering course but, not in ECE course.
15th March 2018, 04:15 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes you can do B.tech in any subject what you want after completing diploma in mechanical engineering.

Being a diploma holder you can apply for LEET through this you can get direct admission in 2nd year of B.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?