18th February 2018, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for LEET entrance exam while doing diploma in computer engineering?

I have completed my 12th from the Art background and now I am doing diploma in computer engineering. I want to continue with it. Can I give the entrance exam of LEET?. If not can I do 12th from science once again. Or can I take an additional mission in du after my diploma in B.Sc?

Related Questions:
25th February 2018, 12:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LEET entrance exam while doing diploma in computer engineering?

First of all you should know that candidate who has passed his 12th standard with Arts stream is not eligible for LEET examination. Only those candidates who have passed their 12th standard with science stream having mathematics are eligible for this examination. Now you are doing your diploma already so I would suggest you to continue your Diploma and after that you can take admission in BTech by passing LEET examination. Because then the duration of course will be only 3 years instead of 4 years.
25th February 2018, 05:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LEET entrance exam while doing diploma in computer engineering?

Eligibility to appear in LEET( Lateral Entry Entrance Test):

1. Minimum qualification required to appear for B.Tech LEET is diploma in any discipline from a recognised University.

2. Minimum age should not be less than 17 years.

3. 10th pass students cannot apply for this test.
So, as per the above qualification you have to complete your diploma after then you can appear in LEET for BTech.
25th February 2018, 08:56 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for LEET (Lateral Entry) entrance exam after having diploma in computer engineering because to apply for LEET entrance exam minimum qualification required to apply is three year diploma from recognized technical board with minimum 55% marks obtained. Candidates appearing in final year of diploma course are also allowed to apply for LEET entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech course.
  • Through lateral entry procedure duration of bachelors degree in technology is 3 years.
25th February 2018, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for LEET entrance examination while pursuing Diploma in Computer Engineering course. To be eligible to appear in LEET entrance examination, you should have passed final year of Diploma course from a Government recognised board. So, I suggest you to apply for LEET examination while pursuing your final year or after completion of your final year Diploma course.
25th February 2018, 10:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to apply for LEET Entrance Examination:

In order to be eligible for appearing in LEET Entrance Examination, you are required to meet the basic educational qualification that is required.

>> You must have done Diploma in Engineering course in order to be eligible for appearing in LEET Entrance Examination.

>> Or else, you must be pursuing final year of Diploma in Computer Engineering in order to be eligible.

>> As you are presently pursuing Diploma in Computer Engineering, I suggest you to first complete Diploma course.

>> You may start applying for LEET Entrance Examination, when you will be in final year of Diploma course.
15th March 2018, 04:02 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

LEET stands for lateral entry entrance exam and it is conducted for those who are doing diploma to take admission in B.tech courses.
Because of this exam duration of B.tech course becomes 3 years instead 4 years.

You are also doing same so you apply for LEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?