19th April 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma holder in Information technology get admission for Engineering course? What is the procedure followed for admission?

Can a diploma holder in Information technology get admission for Engineering course? What would be the procedure followed for the admission? Can you please provide me the complete details for the same? I just have completed diploma course now and I have no idea what to be done next.

Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission for post diploma in thermal power plant engineering at national power training institute, Nagpur?
  2. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  3. What is the admission process for direct admission in 2nd year b.tech/B.E. after diploma in Printing technology?
  4. Diploma to Degree admission in IT engineering at DAIICT?
  5. Procedure to get admission in AMIE for Production Engineering being a candidate having completed Diploma in Printing Technology?
  6. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering?
  7. What is the admission procedure of B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College?
  8. How much is the minimum percentage required to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in Information Technology? Am I eligible admission in MIT after scoring 85% in 3rd year diploma?
  9. How to take admission in 2nd year diploma in information technology
  10. How can I take admission in food technology course if I am a diploma holder from Electronics stream
  11. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  12. Procedure to take admission in AMIE being a Diploma Holder in ECE?
  13. Is it possible to take admission in 3rd semester of computer engineering under diploma to degree scheme?
  14. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to get admission in UK for B.Tech after passing diploma in Civil Technology
  16. Diploma holder in ECE is eligible for Bachelor of Arts degree?
  17. Admission procedure to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for 2 years ITI Mechanical holder?
  18. Detailed procedure to get admission in Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for 12th student?
19th April 2015, 03:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder in Information technology get admission for Engineering course? What is the procedure followed for admission?

Yes, Diploma holders are eligible to apply for admission to Engineering course. To get admission in Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral entry entrance examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET, etc. which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course.
19th April 2015, 06:25 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder in Information technology get admission for Engineering course? What is the procedure followed for admission?

You will need to clear the LET (Lateral Entry Test) and once you do so you will be able to get admission into the Engineering Colleges to pursue your B.E Course.
The admission will be provided on the basis of your Rank in the LET Examination.
Once you have a rank you will get the call for Counselling and then you will be provided admission to the Degree Course.
Make sure that you have at least 60% in your Diploma Course.
Also make sure that you are well prepared for the LET Examination as you must try and get the best possible rank so that you are able to get admission to the best possible Colleges offering the Engineering Degree in I.T.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?