1st December 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Mechanical Engineering Diploma on 10th basis being 12th commerce passed?

sir I request to u plz reply me
my question is I appeared 12 commerce with 78.27% . But I don't like b.com so can I apply for mechanical engineering in diploma based on 10 .and my 10th standard %age is 64 .so I apply for diploma or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis if pursuing 11th Commerce? List of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering colleges?
  2. When to get the West Bengal Polytechnic Form?
  3. Best option after completing 10th? Which is preferable diploma in engineering(mechanical) or 12th science? I've passed 10th with 81% marks
  4. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  5. Any jobs available for 10th or 12th(Commerce) passed? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How may I Join Indian Army? How to apply for SSB interview? I've done diploma in Mechanical engineering
  7. List of the government diploma colleges who offers Software, Computer and Mechanical Engineering courses for 10th passed candidate?
  8. Admission in diploma 1s year in computer engineering after passing 10th and 12th from commerce stream?
  9. NDA is possible after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. Colleges in Tamil Nadu for diploma in Mechanical Engineering course on 10th basis?
  11. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. Can I increase 10th or polytechnic Diploma marks?
  13. How to have a diploma certificate after passing 12th commerce?
  14. Which mechanical companies are providing jobs for those who have passed 10th with 62.5%, 12th with 52%, B.E with 68%?
  15. Is a 10th passed student eligible for correspondence diploma in mechanical engineering
  16. How to take admission in government engineering college in Surat after passing 10th?
  17. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  18. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
2nd December 2014, 11:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Mechanical Engineering Diploma on 10th basis being 12th commerce passed?

10th is the basic qualification required for getting admission in Diploma in Engineering, therefore, you are definitely eligible for it.

You have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by state technical council for getting admission in a polytechnic institute for your Diploma course.

Most of the polytechnic entrance exam has upper age limit which is mostly 21 years. Hence, make sure that your age is below 21 years. There is age relaxation available for reserved category candidate. Hence, don't worry and be prepared for the entrance examination.
3rd December 2014, 01:39 AM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Can I apply for Mechanical Engineering Diploma on 10th basis being 12th commerce passed?

Yes, you can apply for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on the basis of 10 percentage. But you must have at-least an aggregate of 35% in Maths and Science.

To apply for Diploma course in any state you have to appear for an entrance test named CET, conducted by respective State Government. According to the rank you will get from the exam, colleges will be allotted to you.

The Diploma Program in Mechanical Engineering will provide you quality education and training on manufacturing/ production based industry so that you can meet the real work needs of manufacturing/production industry and modify them for the upgrades that will be realized in terms of realized in techniques, technologies, markets and employment patterns.

After completing your Diploma You will be able to compete and be eligible for recruitment, promotion to subordinate posts in various technical fields of Central or State Govt. services, Railways, Defence Services, Steel Plants, State Transport Undertakings, Large Pvt Undertakings, ONGC, IOC, HAL.
3rd December 2014, 06:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course on the basis of your 10th standard. But, to get admission in Diploma course on 10th basis, you need to appear for Polytechnic entrance examination. Based on your entrance exam rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular Diploma college. There is no percentage criteria required to get admission in Diploma course except you must have qualified in 10th standard from a recognised board.
31st March 2015, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate and i want to do diploma in mechanical engineering but I have got 37%in 10th std and 49% in 12th ,so am I eligible to do diploma in mechanical engineering?
15th July 2021, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

As we have studied 12th commerce, diploma in mechanical engineering physics and maths subjects will be tough for us or easy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?