6th July 2015, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SCRA exam while doing diploma third year?

Can I apply for SCRA exam while doing diploma third year? Can you please let me know whats the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Awaiting to get the answer soon as possible as I need to apply for the exam and start the preparation as well.

Thanks!

6th July 2015, 10:50 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SCRA exam while doing diploma third year?

SCRA i.e Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year examination has been already completed. Next notification will be published in the month of November or December in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Eligibility Criteria:

An applicant should have completed Intermediate with Mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and at least one of the subject following Physics and Chemistry may also apply or graduation with mathematics from a recognized University. An applicant's age should be between 17 years and 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.

SCRA Exam Pattern:

General Ability Test - 200 Marks
Physical Sciences - 200 Marks
Mathematics - 200 Marks

Official Notification of SCRA Exam !!!
7th July 2015, 12:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I apply for SCRA exam while doing diploma third year? Can you please let me know whats the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Awaiting to get the answer soon as possible as I need to apply for the exam and start the preparation as well.

Thanks!
Yes, you can apply for SCRA exam.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November. You can get the latest notification about the exam in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years old.

To get more information about SCRA exam, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2015, 01:43 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!

SCRA Exam (Special Class Railway Apprentices) is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

There are certain eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply and they are:
  • Candidate should be a citizen of India
  • Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have a age between 17–21 years to apply for the exam.
  • The candidate should have pursued either Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate

If the candidate satisfy all these criteria then they can apply. You are satisfying the needed educational qualification as 3 years diploma course is also accepted as per the educational qualification, check whether you satisfy the other criteria's also.

For more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2015, 03:26 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

SCRA Stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice.This Exam is conducted by UPSC per year.12th passed with PCM candidates can appear in this Exam.The Notification is published in the month of November/December per year.

Eligibility Criteria:-
** Candidate should have PCM in 12th.
** Candidate age should be 17-21 Years.
** You can apply if you have all eligibility criteria.

The pattern of Exam is:-
--> Physics of 200 Marks
--> Mathematics of 200 Marks
--> General Ability of 200 Marks
10th December 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

can I apply for SCRA exam after completing diploma in electronics & communication but but i was not done 12.
27th August 2016, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SCRA exam after completing three years diploma in mechanical engineering but I was not done 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?