8th November 2011, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SCRA Exam being a candidate of 12th class from UP Board?

i am in 12upboad .can i appy in scra.pleasetell me
some important book for self study

8th November 2011, 08:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SCRA Exam being a candidate of 12th class from UP Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You are Eligible to apply for SCRA Examination, If you are Pursuing your 12Th examination !!

SCRA Stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices and to apply for this examination, You have to complete your 12Th examination OR Graduate degree course with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects.

Final year 12Th appearing Candidates are also apply for SCRA Examination.

So, If your age should between 17 to 21 Years, then you are eligible for SCRA Examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of SCRA Examination was already Updated in the official website and the Online Application form Registration was already Started, And The last date of apply for SCRA Examination 21/Nov/2011.

The examination of SCRA will be Held on 29/Jan/2012.

So, If you are Interested in SCRA Examination, then please Fill the application form Soon before the Last date, Make sure that, No Other mode of application form Should be Accepted.

If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply Online and Pay the Fees through SBI Net Banking or Submit the fees in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the Online application form, So please apply soon and for More details please check official Website :

http://upsc.gov.in
8th November 2011, 09:42 PM
sagarchitroda94

Default Re: Can I apply for SCRA Exam being a candidate of 12th class from UP Board?

Yes you can do it online.
It has only 42 seats out of which 3 are reserved.
Last date of submission of form is 21 of november .
8th November 2011, 09:43 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) examination is conducted by UPSC every year once.

Eligibility criteria for SCRA examination:
Education qualification:
Candidate should have complete 12th class with PCM stream from any recognized university.
Age limit:
Age should be between 17 to 21 years.

SCRA examination notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 15th Oct 2011 to 14th Nov 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scra2011_eng.pdf(101.4 KB, 100 views)
8th November 2011, 10:19 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

Yes, You are Eligible to apply for SCRA Examination, If you are Pursuing your 12Th examination.
The Notification of SCRA Examination was already Updated in the official website and the Online Application form Registration was already Started, And The last date of apply for SCRA Examination 21/Nov/2011.

more info please go this link:-
8th November 2011, 11:14 PM
sathish0038

hi friend,

Yes,you are eligible for the SCRA exam.
SCRA means Special Class for Railway Apprentice.It was conducted by the UPSC government.
The eligibility criteria for the SCRA Exam is minimum 12TH class with recognized Board.
The Age limit for the SCRA is 17 to 21. Final year 12TH class Students are also eligible for the SCRA exam.

you are eligible and not apply the exam please apply before the last date.
The last date to apply for the SCRA is 21/Nov/2011
and the Exam will be held on:29/Jan/2012.

For any more information about exam please follow the link:
www.upsc.gov.in
9th November 2011, 01:01 AM
srikanth somnath

Quote:
no way.... u should complete degree
9th November 2011, 06:36 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of course,you can apply for this examination.

SCRA means Special Class Railway Apprentices examination and the examination was conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

To apply for this examination,the candidate should be completed 12th examination or graduation with mathematics and at least one of subjects physics and chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply.

Candidates who are appearing in the final year of 12th examination can also apply for this examination.

To apply for this examination,your age should between 17 years and 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable for SC/ST/OBC categories.

The notification was already released and the notification details was available in the official website.

SCRA Examination,2012 :-

Date of notification :- 22/10/11

Last date for receipt of application :- 21/11/11

Date of examination :- 29/01/12

Online application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
9th November 2011, 06:44 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for SCRA Exam being a candidate of 12th class from UP Board?

Quote:

Eligibility for UPSC SCRA Exam

SCRA or Special Class Railway Apprentice exam is conducted every year by the UPSC..

The SCRA 2012 exam forms are already out and the last date for form submission is 21st November,2011..

Any candidate appearing for the 12th board is eligible for appearing in the SCRA exam provided that he/she has Physics,Chemistry and Maths as subjects in 12th..

Candidates appearing for the 12th through State Boards are also eligible for appearing for the SCRA exam..

You should be within the age limit of 17-21 years as seen on 1st August of the year of the examination..

The exam will be of 600 marks and will test you on english,science and maths..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th November 2011, 10:30 AM
rudramishra

SCRA Stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices and to apply for this examination, You have to complete your 12Th examination OR Graduate degree course with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects.

So, If your age should between 17 to 21 Years, then you are eligible for SCRA Examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

9th November 2011, 12:52 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

YES you can apply for SCRA if you are continuing your 12th .....the age limit for SCRA is 17-21..and upper age relaxation is given to sc/st/obc....so if you are interested then you can apply online for this exam in the following site
all the best
15th November 2011, 02:40 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

Yes, You are Eligible to apply for SCRA Examination, If you are Pursuing your 12Th examination !!

16th February 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am Shraddha read in class 12 from up board.I shall do scra.So,please tell me when will scra application form come again.
16th February 2012, 05:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

SCRA- SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE is an entrance test conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of SCRA in Mechanical Dept. of Indian Railways.

The eligible candidate should have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Central/State Board within the age of 17 to 21 years of age with good percentage of marks, is eligible to apply for SCRA. Final year 12th appearing students also eligible to apply for SCRA.

The successful candidate shall have to undergo a technical training course before appointed as SCRA.

The notification for the forthcoming examination will be published in the official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsconline.nic.in
16th February 2012, 07:28 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
S.C.R.A is Special Class Railway Apprentices
S.C.R.A exam is conducted y U.P.S.C once in a year..

It is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
> Must be above 17 year and below 21 year.
> Must be citizen of India.
16th February 2012, 07:29 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for S.C.R.A Exam..

S.C.R.A is Special Class Railway Apprentices
S.C.R.A exam is conducted y U.P.S.C once in a year..

It is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university or board.
> Must be above 17 year and below 21 year.
> Must be citizen of India.
24th April 2012, 11:10 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

Yes you are absolutely eligible for SCRA exam.
SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice examination.

ELIGIBILITY:-

AGE CRITERIA:-

--> YOUR MINIMUM AGE SHOULD BE 17 YEARS.
--> AGE SHOULD NOT CROSSED 21 YEARS.
--> THERE IS RELAXATION OF UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR SC/ST, OBC CANDIDATES.
--> FOR SC/ST-5 YEARS, OBC-3 YEARS OF UPPER AGE RELAXATION IS AVAILABLE.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-

--> CANDIDATE MUST HAVE PASSED INTERMEDIATE / EQUIVALENT WITH FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS.
--> CANDIDATE MUST HAVE STUDIED MATH SUBJECT IN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL WITH AT LEAST ONE SUBJECT FROM PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY

CANDIDATE MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT.

CANDIDATE SHOULD BE INDIAN CITIZEN
5th June 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,mai nios se pass hokar upsc-scra ka form bhar sakta hu....aur future me graduation karke ias aur pcs ka exam de sakta hu..reply fast
22nd September 2013, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

hello i am 12th std student from MP board, so please tell me that can i apply for the SCRA and when will the registration open for 2013-14?
please tell me..
16th October 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

SCRA 2014 IS HELDING BEFORE MY BOARD EXAM SO CAN I APPLY FOR SCRA
17th October 2013, 01:33 AM
kartavya
Junior Member+

Of course, you can apply if you fulfill the eligibility conditions like age (17-21) and if you passed your 12th in first or second division with mathematics. for more details regarding eligibility and date of notification you can visit http://upsc.gov.in/general/scra.htm
9th April 2017, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SCRA Exam being a candidate of 12th class from jharkhand Board?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?