18th April 2017, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

I have complected in diploma in electrical engineering but after diploma I am interested in computer engineering course, can I change my branch in degree course after completion of electrical diploma? Can you please tell me what steps to be followed?

18th April 2017, 01:34 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

Yes, you can change your course from electrical engineering to computer science engineering and you will get admission through lateral entry to complete your degree course, all you have to do is to study the whole very thing from the beginning as you are changing your stream it might happen that you will lose your precious one year just because you need to study the basics and everything from the beginning.
18th April 2017, 06:13 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have complected in diploma in electrical engineering but after diploma I am interested in computer engineering course, can I change my branch in degree course after completion of electrical diploma? Can you please tell me what steps to be followed?

No, you cannot change the branch in engineering as Computer Science after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Candidates who have studied Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Technology (3 years duration) are only eligible to apply for BE or BTech in Computer Science course. You can study BE or BTech in Electrical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The admission to the course will be done through a lateral entry entrance examination like LEET.
18th April 2017, 10:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't change the branch from Electrical to Computer for pursuing your higher studies. Being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Electrical Engineering course but, not in Computer Engineering course. To get lateral entry admission in second year of four years Electrical Engineering course, you need to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education.
19th April 2017, 01:32 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot change your field at this instant after the completion of Diploma course in Electrical Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognised University can apply for the B.Tech/B.E course in Computer Science.
You can pursue the degree course in Electrical Engineering after the completion of your mentioned Diploma course.
5th December 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in computer engineering but I am interested in electrical engineering diploma or bachelor of engineering

It's there possibly get the admission in diploma in electrical engineering or B.E in electrical engineering
25th February 2018, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as information technology after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
10th July 2018, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I completed my diploma in electrical engineering now I want to change my branch with ece in engineering direct second year it is possible to change????
2nd February 2019, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering ? How can to enter b. Tech computer Science engineering? contact no ;8763998207
26th February 2019, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma mechanical engineering
27th February 2019, 07:18 PM
bharatyoutuber
Junior Member+

No, one cannot change the branch in engineering after completing diploma in ECE. As candidates are only eligible to pursue the B.tech in the same stream in which they have completed their diploma
17th May 2019, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Right now now I am in Diploma IT (1st Year), but now I am Interested in Computer Science... So can I change IT to Computer from 2nd Year(3rd Semester)...??
Please answer my Question...
2nd August 2019, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as applied electronics and instrumation after completion of diploma in electronicsane telecommunications engineering?
7th August 2019, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch after completing diploma with electronic and telecommunications to b tech in computer science
6th February 2020, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch as electronics and communication engineering from electrical engineering?
15th March 2020, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering and now I want to do B.Tech Computer Science, be it 3 years old or four years old.
16th July 2020, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering??
12th September 2020, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

after completing polytechnic can I opt any steam in engineering.
7th December 2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch to Computer science engineering after completing my diploma in electronics and telecommunication ? Is it possible ?
18th May 2021, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I change course from diploma in computer science engineering to civil engineering after diploma?
18th July 2021, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I change in to computer science after completion of diploma course in electrical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?