27th August 2016, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I get job in India after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?

I am the student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Many people told me that there is no scope for Mechanical Engineers in India. I am now worried after getting this kind of reply. I would like to know that I can get job after completing my Diploma? Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best job to opt for after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  2. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. How to get job in core companies after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Procedure to get job in mechanical field after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Which company to apply for the job? -- [New]
  7. Job opportunities after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Will I be able to get job in Merchant Navy after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 72.44%?
  9. Can I get Government Job after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Is it possible for me to get the job in best company after completion of diploma in mechanical stream?
  11. Can I get Job Opportunity in best Company after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  12. Job or higher studies after completing diploma in Mechanical? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I get Job in Designing sector after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Designing?
  15. Which test to give after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering to get a job?
  16. Job opportunities for Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering in India?
  17. Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Which course should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering to get more scope for a job in future?
28th August 2016, 01:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in India after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Many people told me that there is no scope for Mechanical Engineers in India. I am now worried after getting this kind of reply. I would like to know that I can get job after completing my Diploma? Please tell me asap.
Yes, you are eligible for government and private sector jobs. You can apply for Assistant Loco pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Age criteria:-

Minimum age =20 years
Maximum age =30 years
28th August 2016, 02:36 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get job in India after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can get jobs in India after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. There are jobs in various government PSUs and private sector companies. For a job you have to apply online, the selection process generally has a written test and interview. So prepare well for the written test to get a job. The job vacancy details can be found in the job portals or in the employment news paper. Some of the companies which provides job to the mechanical diploma holders are given below

Thermax Limited - Website Link
Flextronics - Website Link
Eelgrass Engineering - Website Link
Cypress - Website Link
29th August 2016, 12:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much a job after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, there is no such problem in it. You should keep on looking for any vacancy as and when they are released and should apply for it at the earliest. However, you will not be getting very good salary in the beginning but gradually with experience your salary will also increase as well as your post.
29th August 2016, 01:12 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is a good scope for mechanical engineering diploma candidates. However, it is true that the opportunities for diploma mechanical candidates are limited as compared to the number of diploma candidates passing the course every year. Hence, it is important to pursue the course in a good institute and have adequate knowledge in the domain. The ideal option is to go for higher studies after the diploma course preferably degree course (B.E/B.Tech). You can get a job in the PSUs, private sector power and steel plants, Indian Railways, State Electricity Corporation, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?