7th February 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Now i am studying in 2nd year diploma mechanical in karnataka state recognised institute. can i get in to the iit after completing diploma 3rd year.what is the procedure.please replye me

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  2. Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?
  3. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  4. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  6. Can I get a seat in IIT after finishing diploma in Tool Die
  7. How to join as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How to get a seat in IIT as a mechanical student?
  9. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  10. How to take admission in 2nd year IIT after mechanical diploma?
  11. Can I get admission in a IIT Institute after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  13. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  14. Can I get admission in Mechanical Engineering in IIT college after completion of diploma in Plastic Technology from CIPET in Manipur?
  15. Can i do degree in mechanical engineering in IIT colleges after doing diploma in mechanical?
  16. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Will I get a seat in Mechanical engineering in any IIT? My score is 61
  18. What should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
8th February 2015, 08:38 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering because, IITs does not offer lateral entry admissions to B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board and those who have scored top rank in JEE Advanced examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you are a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
8th February 2015, 02:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IITs don't offer admission admission to Diploma in Engineering holders because there is no procedure for it in JEE Main and Advanced. You have to apply for LEET for getting admission in a B.Tech course but only some colleges give admission through lateral entry.

Therefore, you can get admission in colleges other than IITs and NITs through LEET. Hence, you should be very well prepared for this exam if you want to get admission in a top B.Tech college which offers admission through LEET.
23rd March 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Im studying in diploma mechanical engineering 2nd year next year I will complete my diploma engineering fully 2016 can I get admission in IIT
26th March 2015, 04:08 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No, My friend you cannot get admission in IIT after completing your Diploma of 3 years. Indian Institute of Technology does not offer their seats to Diploma holder students. Students who completed their 12th standard from any recognize board either it is of state board or it is Central/National Board from Non-Medical Stream are eligible to sit in JEE Exam. If you qualify minimum cutoff of exam then you will be allotted a rank according to your score. As if you score well in entrance exam lower the rank you get.

Once result out of entrance exam then they start counselling for allotting seats to students in different IIT's through out India. As you get seat in counselling then you just visit to campus and claim your admission their.
30th March 2015, 05:56 PM
SmilyRishu

Hello sir

You did not get the seat of IIT after complete of diploma in Mechanical branch because for getting the seat of IIT you will give the Jee main exam after compete the 12th class

After that when you clear the jee exam then the a chance is provided for the higher level like IIT so my suggestion to you is that you dont get the admission in diploma if want the IIT seat

Thank you
15th November 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I am a diploma holder after completing my diploma can i write jee-iit exams and then join the iit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?