31st August 2011, 12:11 PM
arun17mech

How to join as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

plz tell
how to join as lateral in IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to join other states colleges by lateral entry after completion of my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  3. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  4. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  5. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  7. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  8. How to join IIT being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  9. How to do BE in IIT having completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Syllabus for IIT JEE Exam for Lateral Entry?
  10. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  11. What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?
  12. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is there any lateral entry possible for joining B.Tech course after completion of diploma course?
  15. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Detailed Lateral Entry scheme for Diploma Mechanical Engineer in DTU and IIT?
  17. Am I eligible to join B.Sc course after completion of diploma in engineering? -- [New]
  18. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
31st August 2011, 02:39 PM
Deepak m24

Default Re: How to join as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

dear arun, IITs does not have lateral admissions . if u want to join any iit , u have to appear for the IIT-JEE exam in which u can take admission in the first year for 2012 jee syllabus check here

http://www.entranceexamresults.co.in/IIT-JEE-Exam.aspx

for eligibility criteria check below

http://www.goiit.com/posts/show/1028818/iit_jee_eligibility_info-center-the-indian-institutes-of-technology-joint-entrance-940029.htm

for application form check here

http://iit.preparelive.com/iit-jee-2012-application-forms.html

if u want to take admission in the second year check for your state level entrances

nits also only have adm. in first year

thank u
31st August 2011, 02:57 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Dear Friend

There is no provision of lateral entry in any courses in the IITs.
One can get admission in undergraduate program through JEE only.
The admission to PG programs is done through GATE only.

If you have to pursue B.Tech. through lateral entry then you can apply for following
colleges' entrance exams.

VIT, Vellore
Cochin University
SLIET, Punjab
KIITS Bhubneswar
Indraprashtha University

Apart from these colleges/universities, entrance exams are conducted in every state
for lateral entry. The notification for this comes with the notification for state
government engineering entrances. There use to be 10-15% of the seats reserved
for lateral entry in mostly private colleges and some government colleges too.
31st August 2011, 02:59 PM
rana2011
Banned

There is no provision of lateral entry in any courses in the IITs.
One can get admission in undergraduate program through JEE only.
The admission to PG programs is done through GATE only.

If you have to pursue B.Tech. through lateral entry then you can apply for following
colleges' entrance exams.

VIT, Vellore
Cochin University
SLIET, Punjab
KIITS Bhubneswar
Indraprashtha University

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 03:02 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun17mech View Post
plz tell
how to join as lateral in IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
i am sorry but IIT has no provision for lateral entry students..but u can try for other good colleges other than IIT..other colleges conduct lateral entry exams..after clearing which u can just get admission to the 2nd year of ur desired college..
31st August 2011, 03:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To get admission in IIT colleges for Graduation course,then you should appear for JEE entrance exam,if you qualify this exam,then you can pursue your B-Tech course from the first year not from second year in any IIT/NIT colleges.

If you want pursue your B.Tech course in Later entry,then can apply for other IIT/NIT colleges.Here is the list of colleges you can pursue your B.Tech in Later Entry.

JNTU-H
Anna University
Osmania University
VIT
31st August 2011, 04:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend IIT's does not offer the lateral entry felicity.. If you want to get admission in IIT's then you have to appear in entrance exams like- IIT-JEE, AIEEE..

After performing well in those entrance exam you will get a chance to take admission in IIT for B.tech course.. But in that case you have to take admission in the first year of B.tech not in 2nd year..
Now, you decide what you want to do..

All the best..
31st August 2011, 06:34 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, you can't oin as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

lateral entry process is not applicable for IIT admission purpose.

but through JELET (joint entrance lateral entry) you can get good govt colleges.

admission in IITs is possiable through the IIT-JEE exam.

all the best.........
15th November 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Iwould like to ask that the question of JEE for lateral students and 10 2 students is equal or not.
15th December 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of diploma in Mechanical engineering weather i have to study maths,physics,chemistry or any other subject based on diploma for JEE exam
18th June 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

how to join as lateral in iit after completion diploma in computer????????????
23rd December 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i want for iit jee exam but form submission date is finished so please give any advice to me in 2013
3rd July 2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

can i get a chance in jadavpur university for b.e through lateral entry examination?
6th June 2014, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my jee main rank is 119501 & my hsc score is65% only what about my chance to get admn in nit pl....whether any separate application required pl....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?