14th November 2016, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th?

Respected Sir, I had taken admission in Diploma after completing class 10th, and I did not do 10+2. I want to know can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
15th November 2016, 06:02 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I had taken admission in Diploma after completing class 10th, and I did not do 10+2. I want to know can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you can pursue engineering graduation (B.E or B.Tech) after completing the Diploma course. There is no need to study class 12th. The three year diploma holders are eligible for the B.Tech lateral entry admission. The students should appear for the lateral entry entrance examination conducted by the state board of technical education. Based on the performance in the entrance test, you will be admitted directly to the second year of the B. Tech course. So it is not necessary to study higher secondary to study engineering graduation.
15th November 2016, 08:22 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th?

Yes, you can pursue Graduation course after completion of your Diploma course even if you have not completed your 12th standard. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma course from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Graduation course.

Being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Graduation course through lateral entry admission process by appearing and qualifying the LEET entrance examination which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board.
15th November 2016, 10:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Graduation course after completion of your three years Diploma course even if you have not completed class 12th. Being a Diploma holder, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/ B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process by appearing in examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education. So, I suggest you to directly pursue Graduation course after completion of your Diploma course.
15th November 2016, 10:32 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion you can do graduation course after completion of your Diploma course rather than 12th class. If you want to take admission in B.Tech course then you need to appear in the LEET examination. By this examination candidate can get direct admission in second year of Bachelor of technology course. If your interest in 12th class then you can do this otherwise not.
15th November 2016, 11:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Being a diploma degree holder which is considered to be a degree equivalent to a higher secondary school degree you are certainly eligible for pursuing graduation without going for a higher secondary school degree as for graduation degree any degree equivalent to higher secondary school degree are also acceptable.

So in my point of view you must not pursue higher secondary degree unless the admission in your desired institute for graduation is based on the marks in higher secondary school degree as in the case of Delhi University as it would be useless to waste couple of years of your academics for the degree which is not that much important,
15th November 2016, 11:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your diploma degree course which is a degree equivalent to higher secondary school level you are definitely eligible for pursuing graduation degree course as for graduation degree the minimum educational qualification is a higher secondary school degree or any degree equivqlnt to same is acceptable.

So it is advisable to you that you must not opt for Class 12th degree for pursuing graduation degree unless your desired institute asks for a regular higher secondary school degree as in the case of Delhi University as it would result in loss of two crucial years of your academics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?