13th November 2016, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th or I have to complete B.tech first?

Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and I want to pursue M.Tech but I am confused so I want to know am I eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th or I have to complete B.tech first? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue BCA course directly after completing class 12th scoring 90% marks in HS?
  2. Can I pursue M.Sc directly after completing class 12th?
  3. Can I pursue MBBS directly after completing class 12th? How many exams do I have to write?
  4. Can I pursue B.Com + LLb course directly after completing class 12th without qualifying CLAT exam?
  5. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc after completing class 12th in Vocational stream?
  6. Can I pursue graduation after completing Diploma course or do I have to complete class 12th?
  7. Can I get admission in class 12th (Commerce) directly without completing class 11th if I scored 82% marks in class 10th?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc after 4 years of completing class 12th with 46.6% marks?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue BA after completing class 12th (Medical)? Will it be a good career choice? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to pursue BMS after seven years of completing class 12th? How can I apply for the course?
  11. Eligibility to apply in NDA exam for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  12. Am I eligible to pursue Marine Engineering after completing class 10th?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue BCA from a Government College after completing class 12th Arts from NIOS Board?
  14. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  15. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to pursue MBBS after 8 years of completing class 12th (Computer Science, Physics and Chemistry)? What steps should I follow to pursue MBBS?
  17. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc Agriculture after completing class 12th (PCME)? What is the procedure to get admission?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue a career in Geology after completing class 12th Computer Science?
15th November 2016, 05:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th or I have to complete B.tech first?

Sorry to say you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th. For M.Tech course candidate must have passed B.Tech degree from a recognized university. So my suggestion to you is that you can first complete your B.Tech then you can apply for M.Tech admission because you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th.
15th November 2016, 10:09 PM
pruthvi12dba

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech directly after completing class 12th or I have to complete B.tech first?

No its not possible first you need to complete B.Tech graduation then only you can able to study M.Tech post graduation.Don't be confused on that choose best course which suits to you and then continue your studies.
15th November 2016, 10:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech course directly after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to pursue M.Tech course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a recognised university. After completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course and after completion of your B.Tech course, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing M.Tech course.
15th November 2016, 10:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology and it is two year duration course.

The required eligibility to get admission in master degree is candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in M.Tech without B.Tech or M.Sc degree.
15th November 2016, 11:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. The academic qualification required for this course is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year engineering candidates can also apply for GATE examination to get admission in Master of technology.

You can not get direct admission in M.Tech after 10+2. You will have to first pursue bachelor's degree in engineering or technology and then apply for GATE exam and crack it to get admission in Master of Technology.
15th November 2016, 11:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The full form of M.Tech is Master of Technology.

Eligibility criteria for Master of Technology is:

Bachelor of engineering from a recognized technical college or master's degree in science from a recognized university.

Entrance exam for M.Tech is GATE.

You are not eligible for M.Tech directly after completing 12th. Bachelor of engineering needs to be completed first.
15th November 2016, 11:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for pursuing Master of Technology is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in technology from a recognized university. Final year engineering candidates are also eligible for GATE exam to get admission in Master of Technology course.

2. Those who have done 10+2 course will have to do bachelor of technology course then you can apply for GATE exam in final year of engineering. For admission in Bachelor of Technology, you can write JEE exam.
16th November 2016, 03:15 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for M.Tech course, you will have to complete your B.Tech course from a recognized university and then you will also have to appear for GATE examination.

Once you clear GATE with good rank, you will be most eligible to get admission in the above mentioned course from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?