25th August 2016, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Duration of B.Tech CSE after diploma in civil engineering?

Sir, I am from diploma in civil engineering and chose computer science in allotment. I want to know how many years I have to study my B.Tech either 3 years or 4 years. Somebody said that you have to start from first year. So please reply as soon as possible. I'm from Telangana.

25th August 2016, 11:17 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration of B.Tech CSE after diploma in civil engineering?

B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering is an undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

I am sorry to say you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech. Computer Science after completion of diploma in civil engineering. For B.Tech CSE course candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board with a minimum of 45%.

If you have 12th class certificate then you can apply for admission in Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science on the basis of your 12th class because you are not eligible for B.Tech CSE after diploma in civil engineering.
25th August 2016, 11:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Being a Diploma holder in Civil Engineering, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech CSE stream. Only candidates who have passed Diploma course in Computer Science/ Information Technology from a recognised institution are eligible to get admission in B.Tech CSE course through lateral entry admission process. So, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech Civil Engineering course but, not in Computer Science Engineering course.
25th August 2016, 11:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Duration of B.Tech CSE after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering:

The duration of course basically depends upon the institution you choose. In maximum cases, you will be directly getting admission into 2nd year of B.Tech.

As the B.Tech first year syllabus is same for all the streams, you will be getting admission in 2nd year of B.Tech. So based on this conclusion, the duration of B.Tech lasts for 3 years only.
30th April 2018, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am from diploma in civil engineering and chose computer science in allotment. I want to know how many years I have to study my B.Tech either 3 years or 4 years. Somebody said that you have to start from first year. So please reply as soon as possible. I'm from Jaipur.
18th December 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have 3year diploma in computer science but can i do b.tech in civil engineering.
Can i eligible b.tech 2nd year in civil
9th November 2019, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Why is it not possible to get admission in degree of lateral entry Computer science engineering, after the diploma in civil engineering?
13th November 2019, 11:36 AM
EduXpert

Diploma in Civil Engineering is not eligible for Lateral entry admission in BTech CSE degree. So, the duration of the course will be 4 years only.

You need to look for some other options like B.Tech Civil Engineering if you are looking for lateral entry admission in 2nd year directly.
14th November 2019, 09:50 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why is it not possible to get admission in degree of lateral entry Computer science engineering, after the diploma in civil engineering?
To get admission in B.Tech(CSE) the eligibility criteria is that you should have qualified Intermediate with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Maths and obtained a minimum of 50% in it. Thus, students holding a Diploma in Civil Engineering are not eligible for this.
15th April 2021, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

If I have 3 years diplomal in petro chemical can I join be computer science engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?