12th March 2016, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Tech(CSE) for Diploma Civil student?

Hello,
My sister has completed Diploma in Civil Engineering. If she choose whether CSE as she is interested in joining CSE in B.Tech course then she is eligible for this?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Bachelors in Fashion Technology after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  2. Main difference between BSc IT and Computer Engineering? Which field has more scope? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course in Saudi Arabia? List of Distance Universities for admission?
  4. Eligibility to study Physiotherapy Diploma course for 12th student? List of colleges in Uttarakhand?
  5. Procedure to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) in Germany after completing Diploma?
  6. Eligibility for B.Tech in Civil being a diploma student of Architecture?
  7. Eligibility to study Banking & Finance Diploma course for F.Y.B.Com student? Possibility to study this Diploma along with B.Com?
  8. Eligibility to appear in NATA for Civil Engineering Diploma student?
  9. Can I study B.Arch after completing Civil Engineering Diploma? List of B.Arch colleges in Pune?
  10. Subjects included in Diploma in Civil Engineering? Courses to study after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  11. Where to study B.Tech between USA and India being a Civil Engineer diploma holder? Duration B.Tech in USA?
  12. Further studies in USA after completing Diploma in civil engineering? Scholarships available?
  13. How can I get scholarship for higher studies being a Civil Engineering Diploma student?
  14. Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?
  15. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Civil Engineering course being a 12th Commerce student?
  16. Can I study B.Arch through JELET being a Civil Engineering Diploma student?
  17. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  18. Can I apply for Civil diploma course after failing in 10th?
14th March 2016, 06:59 PM
mwh

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Tech(CSE) for Diploma Civil student?

For diploma civil candidate to apply for B.Tech(CSE) you have to apply for the ECET examination to get eligibility to study the B.Tech.
you have to get the minimum rank in order to get seat in universities.If you have high rank it is very difficult for you because you or going to change you subject form civil to computer science which is a complete different subject from your diploma subject.
14th March 2016, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, your sister is not eligible to study B.Tech (CSE) after completion of her three years Diploma course in Civil Engineering. Only candidates who have completed three years Diploma course in Computer Science/Information Technology are eligible to pursue B.Tech (CSE) course. Since, your sister has completed three years Diploma course in Civil Engineering, it is best to opt for B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course.
14th March 2016, 10:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My sister has completed Diploma in Civil Engineering. If she choose whether CSE as she is interested in joining CSE in B.Tech course then she is eligible for this?
She has completed diploma in Civil Engineering so she is eligible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering. She has no chance to do B.Tech in CSE.

If she is interested on Civil stream then she can apply for JELET exam which is conducted for B.Tech admission for diploma candidate.
14th March 2016, 11:29 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Definitely she will be eligible for pursuing the bachelor degree in the CSE stream after completion of her diploma in Civil engineering. but its not a good choice, my suggestion to you is that you should go for the same stream (Civil Engineering) in your bachelor degree for getting good job after completion of your degree.
However if you are interested in CSE then you should choose CSE and work hard in your core stream.
For getting admission in B.Tech in CSE you must have to passed your 12th standard or diploma in any stream from any recognized institute. you must have to score at least 45% marks in your diploma course. Also you must not have any backlog in your diploma course or 12th standard.
For your kind information i want to tell you that you will get direct admission in the second year of your B.tech after diploma course.
15th March 2016, 10:59 AM
OnePlus

Sorry to say but your sister cannot get admission in b.tech with CSE stream. She can get admission in civil branch of b.tech.

Diploma holders get the admission in second year if b.tech and their b.tech is complete in 3 years. Mainly all the college provides admission in b.tech to the diploma holders.
Entrance exam is conducted for providing admission.

Your sister can take admission in b.tech but she can only apply for civil branch.
16th May 2018, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

My brother is doing diploma in civil engineering, and further he want to join b.tech or b.e. in cse,,,is he is eligible to do the same, if yes then reply with procedure..
thanking you
Randhir Kumar Sinha
12th June 2019, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Well i have one backlog in diploma am i eligibility to study B.TECH
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?