21st October 2015, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Which further course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

I want to know what should i do after passing my diploma in mechanical engineering. I have joined diploma after 10th. Please reply.

Related Questions:
21st October 2015, 11:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which further course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

The best course you can go with after successful completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is "B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical stream". Yes, Mechanical stream is one if the ancient streams that are available these days and offers wide range of job opportunities for its graduates. So, I strongly recommend you to go with Bachelor Degree in Engineering after your completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You may find job opportunities in Core Sector, Private Sector and Public Sector.
22nd October 2015, 12:47 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which further course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

If you have passed diploma in mechanical engineering then the best course after this will be bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering which will give you lots of public and private sector job opportunities after completion of degree.

You can apply for the JEE main as well as Lateral Entry Entrance test for admission in directly second year of engineering. For LEET, candidate must have at least 60% marks in diploma.

Once you are in final year of mechanical engineering, you can apply for the GATE exam for jobs in various PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc. Some other exams like Indian Engineering Services, Civil Services etc.
22nd October 2015, 02:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know what should i do after passing my diploma in mechanical engineering. I have joined diploma after 10th. Please reply.
After completion of diploma course, you can do B.Tech course through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 18 years.
22nd October 2015, 11:15 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can study B.Tech or B.E Mechanical Engineering.

You can join the course in lateral entry directly to the second year of B.E or B.Tech.

The eligibility to study the course is a pass in Diploma with 60% marks.

You have to appear for the entrance test to the admission (in some states).

The marks scored in diploma and entrance test will be taken for the admission.
26th October 2015, 08:23 AM
jituvide

After diploma in mechanical engineering you are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry.

You can complete you graduation by doing btech in mechanical engineering.

Also you can get job in government sector or in PSU.
26th October 2015, 09:10 PM
jashan13
Junior Member+

Dear Friend you should go for BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering .
According to me Degree is best suitable instead of going for job after diploma.Because Degree Package is higher than Diploma and after degree you should eligible for Graduate jobs.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?