1st July 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?

I complete my 12 , and now doing diploma in mechanical engineering.
I want to know that can I change stream after diploma for b.tech, if I want to do b.tech in CSE or ECE ? Will there be any problem in future or so? Can you please guide me?

Please reply soon

1st July 2015, 02:36 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?

No you are not allowed to change stream in b.tech. If you complete your diploma in mechanical trade then you will not be able to get admission in computer science or in electronica and communication. As if your interest is in these trade then you shoud try to get admission in b.tech directly after 12th standard.

For doing this you have to give Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). After this examination you have to do online counselling to get seat in engineering college. Through this option you have opportunity to get admission in prestigious institution's like NIT & IIT's while this option is not available after diploma.

So it depends on you now that what you have to do. After diploma you can only get admission in mechanical trade.
1st July 2015, 07:50 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?

No, you cannot change the stream from Mechanical to CSE or ECE stream after completion of your Diploma course. You need to pursue B.Tech course in same stream in which you have pursued Diploma course. You can pursue B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course after completion of your Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
1st July 2015, 12:26 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot change your stream to CSE or ECE, because as a candidate who have completed diploma in Mechanical engineering, you can only join in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) course, but you cannot join in B.Tech CSE or ECE courses. To get admission in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) course, you should appear for Lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state. By qualifying in such exam, you will get direct admission in second year of Engineering course.
1st July 2015, 12:37 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

First of all my suggestion to you is that you should choose your stream in diploma in which you really have interest.

I am saying this due to the fact that in future when you go for the higher education then you choose the same stream with your soul.

However if you want to change your stream after diploma then there is no problem.

You can definitely choose any stream in your bachelor degree irrespective to your stream in the diploma.

For getting admission in any bachelor degree, my suggestion to you is that you should appear in the LEET entrance exam.

One of the interesting thing is that after completing your diploma your bachelor degree course duration is only of three years.

At last my suggestion to you is that you should go for he same stream in the b.tech as that of your diploma stream.
1st July 2015, 07:45 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yeah there are chances that the candidate can change the stream from one to another. This could be possible when the candidate is in 1st year.
Once you enter into 2nd year, you can not change the stream.as Second year deals with specialization.
1st July 2015, 08:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I complete my 12 , and now doing diploma in mechanical engineering.
I want to know that can I change stream after diploma for b.tech, if I want to do b.tech in CSE or ECE ? Will there be any problem in future or so? Can you please guide me?

Please reply soon
You are now doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering so you are not eligible for B.Tech course in CSE or ECE.

You can apply B.Tech course in only Mechanical Engineering subject.

So you have no chance to do B.tech degree in CSE or ECE.
14th June 2016, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my diploma in EEE and i have qualified ECET can i change the stream in B.tech into CSE or IT?
30th June 2017, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the stream to any other branch? I have completed diploma with Bio-Medical Engineering
20th August 2017, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Can l change my stream from IT in b. Tech having completed diploma in ECE ?
11th April 2019, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my Branch in b.tech After diploma from mechanical to CSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?