29th October 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a diploma student to get admission in NIT college?

Hi Sir/Mam,

My self sri krutidipta sahu , 3rd yr diploma in metallurgical engg. At O.S.M.E keonjhar.
Can i get admission in any NIT college after complete my diploma. Plzzzzzzz sir give me answer..
A diploma students can eligibility to get appear for AIEEE Exam..?

plz sir give me reply..

29th October 2015, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a diploma student to get admission in NIT college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam,

My self sri krutidipta sahu , 3rd yr diploma in metallurgical engg. At O.S.M.E keonjhar.
Can i get admission in any NIT college after complete my diploma. Plzzzzzzz sir give me answer..
A diploma students can eligibility to get appear for AIEEE Exam..?

plz sir give me reply..
After completion of diploma course you can do B.Tech degree from NIT through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 18 years.
29th October 2015, 11:35 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a diploma student to get admission in NIT college?

No, it is not possible to get admission in NIT after completion of your three years diploma course. To be eligible to get admIssion in NIT, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main examination. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination and you cannot get admission in NIT.
29th October 2015, 12:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can appear in JEE exam if you fulfil the eligibility criteria.

A candidate must have done 12th or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry,maths and English as compulsory subjects.

Age should be 19-25.

Minimum percentage required is 50% and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved category students to appear in the test.
29th October 2015, 05:28 PM
ant man

Sorry you cannot get admission in NIT because only 12th MPC candidates are given admission.

The diploma candidates who have also 12th certificate can apply for NIT , if you don't have 12th then you cannot apply.

You can apply for engineering being a diploma candidate and can take admission directly in 2nd year of the course. There are entrance exams for diploma candidates which are conducted by state government.

If you want to get in the central level, then you can apply for AMIE.

AMIE is a equivalent to B.Tech and the best option for diploma candidates than NIT.

AMIE stands for Associate member of institute of engineering India.
29th October 2015, 06:24 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible for a diploma student to get admission in NIT college?

** No it is not possible for a diploma student to get admission in NIT college

** NITs and IITs don't allow Diploma students to take admission in directly B.Tech 2nd year.

** Apart from IIT and NIT, most colleges in India offer lateral entry for diploma students.

BEST NAME OF COLLEGE FOR YOU

** DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

** SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

** Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

** Government College of Engineering,Pune.

** Punjabi University,Patiala.

** Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.
29th October 2015, 07:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible for a diploma students to get admission in NIT college.
Candidate who have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only can apply for admission in NIT colleges.
Diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in NIT colleges as there is no lateral entry in these colleges.
No diploma candidate can't appear in AIEEE exam.

List of lateral entry entrance exam for diploma candidates :
  • Calicut University Lateral Entry Entrance Exams
  • Delhi technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
  • KIIT University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
  • Lateral Entry Entrance Test LEET
  • LPU NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
  • Kerala University Lateral Entry Exam
30th October 2015, 09:42 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT as well as NIT for the b.tech courses.

Since the required eligibility to get the admission in these institute is candidates must have passed 10+2 with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper. Since you do not have this as main paper.

You are not eligible to appear for the examination and get the admission after qualifying. But you are eligible to pursue the b.tech course after the diploma through the LEET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?