10th December 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Dear Friends,
I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in April-2009. Am I eligible for IIT - JEE in 2013?

15th December 2011, 01:43 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in April-2009. Am I eligible for IIT - JEE in 2013?
As you have qualified the exam in the year 2009, I don't think you will be considered eligible for the IIT JEE-2013. However, on the basis of your qualification, I am providing you the necessary information.

If the diploma in mechanical Engineering is approved by All India Council for Technical Education-AICTE and if the duration of the course was three-four years, it will be considered equivalent to any other qualifying exams for the IIT JEE.
The maximum age limit to apply for the exam is 25 years for candidates belonging to general category and 30 years for Sc/St category.
The minimum percentage of marks required to be eligible for candidates belonging to general category and 55% for Sc/St category.
26th April 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

how to get admission in IIT colleges after diploma in mechanical engineering ? Is it possible?
21st May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

which is the best field after diploma in mechanical engieering
12th August 2012, 09:46 PM
samatha89
Member+

I don't think you will be considered eligible for the IIT JEE-2013. However, on the basis of your qualification, I am providing you the necessary information.

If the diploma in mechanical Engineering is approved by All India Council for Technical Education-AICTE and if the duration of the course was three-four years, it will be considered equivalent to any other qualifying exams for the IIT JEE.
The maximum age limit to apply for the exam is 25 years for candidates belonging to general category and 30 years for Sc/St category.
The minimum percentage of marks required to be eligible for candidates belonging to general category and 55% for Sc/St category.
10th September 2012, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1497198]Dear Friends,
I have completed my Diploma in Computer Science & Technology.Am I eligible for IIT - JEE in 2013?
6th April 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

are diploma holders eligible to fillup the form jeemain and jeeadvanced
28th July 2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

am i eligibal for iit jee after complenetion of diploma with automobile engineering
28th July 2013, 07:56 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

IIT-JEE will not be conducted in the 2013. Instead there will be entrance exam called JEE which stands for Joint Entrance Exam. You will be eligible for this entrance exam if completed the diploma from a AICTE recognized college.

From this year Joint Entrance Exam has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE. The idea was One Nation, One entrance exam. Something similar to the NEET entrance exam conducted for medical colleges. Although NEET has been rejected by the Supreme Court of India.

There are two stages in the Joint Entrance Exam.

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

If you want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology then it is important to clear both the stages. While for All India Engineering quota for which AIEEE was conducted, you only need to appear for JEE Mains.

Before you apply for JEE please remember that you have completed diploma in Engineering. Such candidates prefer to take lateral entry admission in engineering colleges. Lateral entry allows you to get admission in second year of B.Tech course.

You will not get the lateral entry in Indian Institutes of Technology. There is no provision to get lateral entry in IITs.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should complete 12th standard with PCM.

2. 3 or 4 years diploma holder are also eligible.

3. The upper age limit is 25 years for the exam.

4. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

5. JEE Mains is conducted first.

6. Top 150,000 are allowed to go ahead and appear for JEE Advanced.
4th October 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing my diploma in mechnical engg.i want to admitt in IIT after complted my diploma ..so pls tell me about what kind of test i clear for lateral admission in govt.engg. collag is it Leet or jee. pls tell me briefly
29th June 2015, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir I have completed ssc after, diploma in mechanical engineering and I want to take admission in IIT Bombay can I get admission ......if I'm eligible then what will be the procedure to take admission please guide me......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?