29th February 2016, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Diploma Engineering instead of 12th being an 11th student?

Hello Sir,
I am the student of 11th standard. Last year I have tried for Diploma admission but couldn't able. This year also I want to try for Diploma Engineering admission. Suppose if I get chance then I should go for Diploma or still doing 12th is more convenient?

29th February 2016, 08:48 PM
OnePlus

Default Re: Should I opt for Diploma Engineering instead of 12th being an 11th student?

Both the courses are good at their places. But after 12th you cannot get any job. You need to do graduation after 12th to get the job.

If you do diploma then after doing diploma you will get a good job.
A 12th passed student need to do B.Tech in 4 years while a diploma holder can take direct admission in the second year of b.tech.

If you are interested in doing diploma then you can apply for it.
29th February 2016, 10:24 PM
monikasiri

Default Re: Should I opt for Diploma Engineering instead of 12th being an 11th student?

Diploma Engineering have lots of scope in both Private sector and Government sector for jobs.Diploma is treated equal to Under Graduation.You can develop skills on the course you choose from the basic.So,you can have a nice scope to gain complete knowledge on the course and can have many opportunities to do further.

You can get various jobs if you complete your Diploma,but if you complete your +2,you may not get as many jobs as Diploma students.Its not just about job,you can have a bright future with diploma than being an Intermediate student.

So,it is suggestible to choose diploma as a career than opting for Intermediate.
29th February 2016, 10:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I do not think so to get that it will be more beneficial for you to make a gap year.

As if you are interested in getting technical degree you can appear for engineering entrance examination to get admission in B.tech course. So, it will be best for you to pursue 11th instead of getting admission in diploma course.

But, if you are interested in diploma due to any other reason you can pursue it but the gap year will have a crucial role in future recruitment in jobs.
29th February 2016, 11:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am the student of 11th standard. Last year I have tried for Diploma admission but couldn't able. This year also I want to try for Diploma Engineering admission. Suppose if I get chance then I should go for Diploma or still doing 12th is more convenient?
Being Higher secondary student you have both option to study Engineering course. You can apply for Diploma in Engineering after completing after completing 10th standard. Those who completed their 12th standard can apply for B.Tech or B.E course. Since, you are 11th standard its always better that you can apply for B.Tech or B.E after completing 12th standard instead of Diploma. B.E course having more Job opportunity when compare with Diploma course.
29th February 2016, 11:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

In my opinion, you must go for 10+2 board exams, it is more better than diploma because diploma holders are not eligible for advanced exam of JEE if you are interested in IIT. Second most important thing is that you will have to give an extra year of your academics.

So, instead of going for diploma, continue your studies and score well in 10+2 board exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?