30th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing diploma after completion of 12th standard?

Hello
Dear sir....
Iam a 12th pass student in science I doit iti in welder
Iwan to do diploma in mechanical
So how can I do this
Give me your answer

30th September 2016, 12:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing diploma after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
Dear sir....
Iam a 12th pass student in science I doit iti in welder
Iwan to do diploma in mechanical
So how can I do this
Give me your answer

The aspirant can join Diploma course after completion of 12th standard with Science/Vocational/Technical Subjects or 10+2 years ITI with appropriate specialization. Candidates who have completed 12th standard are eligible to apply for Diploma course through lateral entry. Candidates need to apply for the admission through lateral entry application form. The admission for the lateral entry will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination and 12th marks. The candidates will be admitted directly to the second year of the diploma course, so the course duration will be only two years.
30th September 2016, 12:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing diploma after completion of 12th standard?

The minimum qualification required to pursue diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a 10th standard with at least 50% marks on recognised board but personally I would like to suggest you to pursue degree course in Mechanical Engineering as you have minimum required qualification is 12th standard.
You can also appear in Polytechnic Entrance Exam to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering but it would be better for you to pursue a degree course by qualifying Joint Entrance Test.
30th September 2016, 12:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To do Diploma course after completion of your 12th standard, you can get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or two years ITI course from a government recognised board are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Diploma course through Lateral entry admission process. By appearing and qualifying the lateral entry examinations like VOCLET which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board, you will be allotted a seat in the particular college and you can get admission in second year of three years Diploma course.
30th September 2016, 08:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in Diploma then you need to fill forms related with this. After that you need to crack its entrance test then only you are eligible to get admission in Diploma course.
You can pursue diploma in various streams and some of them are as under:-
Computer Science
Animation
Mechanical
Electronics
Civil
Information Technology
30th September 2016, 11:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in diploma course after 12th science from any recognised board.

The course duration will be of two year and the eligibility to get admission in course through lateral entry is that candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission in course.
30th September 2016, 11:24 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For taking admission in the diploma if you want to do a technical diploma, you need to fight an exam called as PPT or Pre Polytechnic Test which is conducted by every state govt for the intake of the candidates in the technical diploma courses every year.

The eligibility of the same is :

* the candidate has done 10th from any recognized board.

* The candidate has attained the age of 15 years at least at the time of application.

If you fulfill the above criteria, you can apply for the technical diploma.

For the non technical diploma courses, you can directly take the admission. There is no such specific exam in most of the states.
30th September 2016, 11:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can do diploma courses after 12th through Polytechnic entrance exam. Admission to the Polytechnic courses are offered based on Common entrance test conducted by the Individual States. The exam is generally conducted in the month of March - April.

There are many courses available in polytechnic like; Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Computer science engineering, Automobile engineering, Aircraft maintenance, Food, Textile, Hotel management, etc.

Eligibility criteria to apply for polytechnic course are as under :-

-The minimum qualification for polytechnic entrance exam is 10th pass with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board of education.

- The candidate who have completed 12th or ITI are also eligible for polytechnic entrance exam.

- The course duration for 10th passed candidate is 3 years and 2 years for 12th and ITI passed candidates.

Polytechnic Entrance Entrance Exam is conducted for three subjects Maths, Physics and Chemistry. There will be total 120 questions the entrance exam consists of the multiple type questions.
1st October 2016, 12:59 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you have to appear in the entrance examination such as LEET, JELET etc or conducted by the respective Universities, qualifying in which you can take admission to study Diploma courses in different Colleges.
Candidates those who have completed their class 10th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Diploma courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?