16th June 2016, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for being a Nutritionist after completion of 12th standard?

What is the procedure followed for being a Nutritionist after completion of 12th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the right answer soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure for taking 12th standard admission after completion of 11th standard?
  2. Procedure to get a seat for MBBS after completion of 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the procedure for becoming locopilot after completion of 10th and 12th standard?
  4. M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics is a good option to become a nutritionist?
  5. Is it possible for changing school after completion of 11th?
  6. What is the procedure to be followed to join AFMC after completion of 12th standard?
  7. Procedure to join NASA as scientist after completion of 12th standard?
  8. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for B.Sc honors in Biology after completion of 12th standard?
  9. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in JNU after completion of 12th standard?
  10. Is it possible for me to get admission for 12th standard after completion of 11th standard?
  11. Procedure to get admission in Punjab University after completion of 12th standard?
  12. What is the procedure followed to apply for Indian CDC after completion of 12th standard?
  13. Is it possible to join the course as nutritionist after completion of B.Sc graduation?
  14. Procedure to apply for automobile engineering after completion of 12th standard?
  15. What is the procedure followed to apply for nautical engineering after completion of 12th standard?
  16. One can work as a Nutritionist in a Hospital after B.sc in Home Science?
  17. Procedure to apply for scholarship for higher studies after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  18. What course should I pursue to become a Dietitian or a Nutritionist after passing 12th exam?
6th September 2016, 11:56 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for being a Nutritionist after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure followed for being a Nutritionist after completion of 12th standard? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the right answer soon. Thank you!
To become a nutritionist after 10+2, firstly you must ensure that you have passed your Intermediate with at least 60% marks.

Then, you will have to pursue any undergraduate course like:
  • B.Sc. Home Science - 3 years duration
  • B.Sc. Nutrition (or Nutrition and Dietics) - 3 years duration
  • B.E. Foodtech - 4 years duration

After completion of your UG studies, you will be applicable to get registration certificate from the Medical council of India for which you have to pay nominal fee of Rs.1000 only.

Some of the best institutes for pursuing UG studies are:
  • SNDT Women's University, Mumbai
  • G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
  • Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University
  • Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
  • Banasthali University, Jaipur
  • Gandhigram Rural Institute
  • Lady Irwin College, Delhi University
  • Institute of Home Economics, New Delhi
  • Women's Christian College, Chennai
  • Bishop Choolaparambil Memorial College for Women, Kottayam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?