12th July 2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Whether Polytechnic course is equivalent to Intermediate or not?

Whether Polytechnic course is equivalent to Intermediate or not?

12th July 2015, 07:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Polytechnic course is equivalent to Intermediate or not?

Yes, Polytechnic course is equivalent to Intermediate. Both Polytechnic and Intermediate courses can be pursued after completion of 10th standard. Diploma course is of 3 years duration and Intermediate course is of 2 years duration. Diploma and Intermediate are equivalent courses which can be pursued after 10th standard but, Diploma course has higher value than Intermediate course and you can also find many job opportunities after completion of Diploma course.
12th July 2015, 10:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely the polytechnic course which is also called as diploma course is equivalent to the higher secondary degree course i.e; intermediate and hence one is eligible for all the courses or jobs offered on the basis of higher secondary degree if one satisfies the necessary criteria also.

Polytechnic course is different from an intermediate course on the basis of duration of course as it is of three year where as intermediate is of two years only.

Also polytechnic course is more often enhances the practical skills where as a normal intermediate course is theory based. Also as diploma course is practical based knowledge so it offers more career and job opportunities at this level of education when compared to an intermediate course.
13th July 2015, 06:35 PM
pointer01

Hello,

Yes Dear, polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to 12th standard. Polytechnic Diploma is of three years. It is better to have polytechnic diploma degree rather than 12th certificate. You can get the job after qualifying Diploma. But, after 12th you cannot get any job.
You can also take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech by lateral entry after Diploma.So, Diploma courses has higher value than intermediate.

Best of luck for your future.
20th June 2017, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My name is Pabba Saidamma, DCCP passed and now studying final year B.Com. in Hyderabad. I have applied for the Post of Asst. Sub-Inspector(Steno) in CRPF in March, 2017 as the qualification to that post is mentioned as 10 2. At the time of verification of certificates, my candidature has been rejected that stating that the Diploma (DCCP) is not equivalent to 10 2 by the CRPF authorities and issued a rejection letter also. Please clarify whether I am eligible for the above post or not.
29th September 2019, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Any go is there diploma is equivalent to intermediate in Andhrapradesh?
28th February 2020, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

X 2(vocational) lateral entry diploma candidate can apply for indian army rally in which post
Please tell me this answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?