13th September 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get Education Loan being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) student of IGNOU?

Hi Friends,
I have joined IGNOU for doing B.Tech course in Civil Engineering. Now, I want to get an Education Loan for my B.Tech course which I am doing from IGNOU. As you know that IGNOU is correspondence so I am eligible to get Education Loan or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get Education Loan being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) student of IGNOU? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to get education loan having 50% in intermediate? Which bank will provide me loan?
  3. Detailed information about the Education Loan to study MS in Abroad for B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) student? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I get education loan for PG if I take education loan for UG course?
  5. Am I eligible for any Education loan or scholarship? Can I get any A.P. state scholarship under OBC? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. A B.Tech student who have already taken an education loan can take another loan for personal use?
  7. Can I get Education Loan to study MBA if studying BBA in IGNOU?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Education Loan to study B.Tech after completing Diploma?
  9. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  10. Can I get scholarship or education loan for further studies after Polytechnic? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Education loan for studying M.Tech?
  12. Which Banks provide Education Loan for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year student?
  13. Is it necessary for a college to be AICTE Approved to take education loan?
  14. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  15. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
  16. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  17. Process of education loan for pursuing Civil engineering?
  18. Can i apply for Education loan through distance education
18th October 2015, 09:47 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Education Loan being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) student of IGNOU?

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is an open university. You have taken admission in B.Tech program in this university in civil engineering course.

Following are the eligibility for getting education loan from a government bank:
--student must get admission in regular course in any recognized university.
--student also possess the admission slip which he or she got while taking admission.

**Since IGNOU is an open university and it does not provide regular degree. So I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to get any education loan for this.

**There is a solution for this. You can take personal loan instead of taking educational loan if it is important to you so much. The only difference of taking personal loan is that the rate of interest charged in personal loan is greater than the educational loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?