23rd July 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the gates millennium scholarship while being a college student?

I barley heard of the gates millennium scholarship. I'm a college student and really want to know that is there is a chance to get gate scholarship. Is it possible for me to get that scholarship or not? Can you please tell me what are the steps I need to follow for it?

6th April 2023, 03:38 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the gates millennium scholarship while being a college student?

Here is the information regarding your eligibility for GATES Millennium Scholarship as a college student:

The GATES Millennium Scholars Program provides scholarships to outstanding students in the US who are preparing for careers in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, education, and other critical fields of study. As a college student, there are a few points to consider regarding your eligibility for this scholarship:

You must be a US citizen or permanent resident. The scholarship is available for use at academic institutions in the US. So ensure you meet the citizenship criteria.

You need to be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university in the US. This includes community colleges, 4-year colleges as well as universities. So as long as you are pursuing an undergraduate degree in an eligible field of study, you can apply.

You must be majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, nursing, education or certain business fields. Majors like computer science, biology, chemistry, mathematics, etc. are preferred fields for GATES scholarships. Liberal arts or social science majors may not be supported.

You must demonstrate academic achievement, community service, leadership and financial need to be considered. While there are no minimum GPA requirements, excellent academic credentials will strengthen your application.

New applicants need to submit the GATES Millennium Application by the deadline, typically in February-March for the next academic year. This includes details on your educational plans, achievements, needs and diversity representation.

Selection is based on evaluation of applications by an independent selection committee. Criteria include GPA, field of study, community service, diversity and financial need benefits. Strong applications from underrepresented groups are given preference.

Scholarship amounts of up to $10,000 per year are provided for up to 5 years of undergraduate study. Funds can be used towards tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board.

You will need to meet eligibility criteria and deadlines, fill the application form with all relevant documents, and ensure a strong profile highlighting your achievements, needs and future goals to stand a good chance of winning the GATES Millennium scholarship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?