4th August 2016, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

From which bank should I apply to get an education loan, a Government or a Private bank?

Hello sir, I have cleared JEE Mains exam and get Mechanical Engineering branch at NIT Durgapur. I want to get education loan to study. Which bank should I apply to get loan a Government or Private bank?

Related Questions:
  1. Where should I go for Education Loan to study MBBS among Private Bank and Public Bank?
  2. Which bank can provide education loan for pursuing B.Tech course at KIIT University?
  3. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  5. Is Education loan a best financial aid for higher studies? Advantages to apply for education in a private bank? -- [New]
  6. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  7. Education loan for BAMS course?
  8. Benefits and drawbacks of applying for an Education Loan in Axis Bank?
  9. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK and US?
  10. Which private or government bank will be better for an education loan to study PG course in abroad?
  11. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?
  12. Associated charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  13. Necessary documents required to apply for an education loan from government bank? Is it possible to get the amount of education loan before admission?
  14. Which bank grants an education loan faster than Axis bank to those students who have already got an admission?
  15. Documents required to apply for an Education Loan in Federal Bank to study MS in Germany?
  16. How to get an education loan to study M.Tech in ECE from State Bank of Mysore?
  17. How to apply for an education loan at HDFC bank? On what basis bank grants an education loan?
  18. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
7th August 2016, 08:31 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From which bank should I apply to get an education loan, a Government or a Private bank?

There are several advantages and disadvantages between a Private and a Government bank in order to get educational loan.

In Private banks the processing fees are much higher as compared to Government banks.

The paper work of Private banks are much faster than the Government banks.

The interest rate policies keeps on fluctuating in Private banks, but the Government banks keeps the rate policies same for all customers.

Most of the Private banks charge a sum of Rs. 100 plus service tax to entertain you at their branch, whereas you can visit as many times as u want in a Government bank.

After all, a loan is a product that the bank is selling to the customer. They need to make profit out of it. But as a customer you should buy a product which is cheap and affordable. So, make a wise decision considering the above facts which I have mentioned and choose Government bank.
7th August 2016, 09:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From which bank should I apply to get an education loan, a Government or a Private bank?

You can apply for an education loan in any bank whether it is Government or a Private bank. It is best to apply for an education loan from Government bank. To get education loan from any bank, you have to fill the application form and submit your documents like Academic Certificates, Identity Proof, Residence Proof, Income Proof, etc.,. For an education loan of more than Rs.7.5 lakhs, you have to submit Collateral Security documents and for loan amount less than Rs. 4 lakhs, no security is required.
7th August 2016, 10:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Government banks will be better if you want to get all the benefits announced by the government. There is a central government scheme for interest subsidy if your family's income is below 4.5 lacs.

Hence, it would surely be better option to go for PSU banks. NIT is a reputed institute and banks won't have problem in granting you loan.
8th August 2016, 12:41 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You can get education loan from any bank - government or private bank. It is almost the same when it comes to education loan since the terms and conditions and education loan scheme is strictly regulated by the Reserve Bank of India. You should apply for education loan in the bank which is near your residence and preferably where you have good contacts to get your loan processing done smoothly and quickly. It is better to opt for public sector banks as you can be eligible for various subsidies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?