31st December 2015, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

Hello Everyone,

I want to know that the rate of interest which all banks takes after providing an Education Loan is same? I have heard that it is same but couldn't find the suitable answer. Please tell me. I just need this information now to proceed further.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  2. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  3. Which all banks offer lowest interest rates against education loan to study B.Tech?
  4. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  5. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  6. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  7. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?
  8. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  9. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  10. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs at low interest rates to study MBA in Australia?
  11. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  12. List of Banks offering Education Loan to study MBBS in Philippines? Details of Interest Rate charges?
  13. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  14. Is there full scholarship available in Abroad for doing MDS? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  16. Private and Nationalized Banks offering Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA/UK/Australia?
  17. Interest rates charges against Education Loan in State Bank of India for a candidate who want to study B.Tech in IIT?
  18. How to get an education loan quickly at a low interest rate?
31st December 2015, 10:04 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

Yes, the rate of interest is same for almost all the banks. This is because it is fixed by the Reserve Bank of India to which every bank must adhere. However, the rate of interest fluctuates from time to time on the basis of orders from Reserve Bank of India which usually depends on the market conditions and the orders from the Central government. The rate of interest fluctuates in the range of 13-14.5 percent. However, State Bank of India offers one percent lesser interest than other banks but has stricter terms and conditions of education loan.
31st December 2015, 11:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

The general rate of interest at which most of the banks lend education loan is 13.5% per annum. This rate of interest may vary a little bit from bank to bank like 0.5% more or less.

There is no need to pay interest while pursuing course. Once your course is over, you can pay loan and interest with one year gap given for you without interest. Interest subsidy is given in case of Education loan.
1st January 2016, 08:55 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

No, the interest rates for educational loan for different banks are different. It’s totally depends upon bank to bank.

>>Interest to be charged at rates linked to the Base rate as decided by individual banks. It is not fixed for each bank.

>> If you take educational loan from a government bank then you have to pay more interest as the interest rate for private banks such as HDFC, Axis bank are more than government banks such as SBI, Central bank of India etc

>>If you take educational loan greater than 4 lakh then you have to pay one percent more in any bank.

>>A relaxation of 0.5% in interest will be given to girl candidates.
1st January 2016, 10:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, all banks doesn't have same interest rates towards educational loan.

The rate of interest depends on various factors which are based on:

a) Educational institute

b) Loan amount

c) Period of time

The interest rates are frequently changed by the banks. However, it is advisable to check the official website of each and every bank to get a clear idea on interest rates.

For SBI the rate of interest is 11.15 - 11.65%

For Bank of Baroda the rate of interest is 9.65 - 12.15%

For Canara bank of India the rate of interest is 11.15 - 11.65%
19th January 2019, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

What will be the interest rate if I take education loan to study LLB after clearing CLAT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?