27th May 2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

How SBI will calculate the Margin against Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs if the total educational expenses is Rs. 20 Lacs?

Sir,
I would like to know how much margin would be taken by SBI for a Rs. 14 Lacs Educational Loan if my full expenditure for the course is Rs. 20 Lacs? How is it calculated ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  2. Whether a Bank offer Education Loan to study MBA including miscellaneous expenses? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  4. Should I apply for Education Loan in Financial Institution to study MS in Germany if the amount is above Rs. 20 Lacs?
  5. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 24 Lacs to study MS in Germany?
  6. Which Bank can provide me another Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs for Higher Education if already taken Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs?
  7. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs if taking Personal Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs and having Credit card bill of Rs. 1 Lacs?
  8. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [New]
  9. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 22 Lacs to study MS in USA if Bank sanctioned only Rs. 20 Lacs?
  10. How can I apply to get Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in University of Bristol?
  11. If the total expense if more then 4 Lacs will bank education loan cover the whole expense?
  12. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  13. How can I get Education Loan of Rs 25 Lacs with low interest rate to study MS in The University of Manchester?
  14. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in USA if my mother is a retired Government School Teacher and having own house of Rs. 50 Lacs?
  15. What are the requirements to get education loan? How much will I get if the course costs 10 Lacs?
  16. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs to study MBA if my father is a retired Government Serviceman and a Pensioner?
  17. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for Commercial Pilot Training?
  18. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs to study MBA? Documents required to submit?
28th May 2015, 10:25 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: How SBI will calculate the Margin against Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs if the total educational expenses is Rs. 20 Lacs?

The loan will be sanctioned for extending financial assistance to deserving/meritorious students to pursue their higher Education in India of Aboard. State Bank of India will calculate the margin against Education Loan above the Rs. 4 Lakhs. The margin will be calculated on the basis place of Education. The Margin calculation is given below.

* For loan up to 4 Lakhs there is no Margin

* For loan above 4 Lakhs margin is based on place of Education.
>> If studies in India the margin is 5% of Loan.
>> It studies in abroad the margin is 15% of loan.

The margin calculation is same for both 14 lakhs and for 20 lakhs.
28th May 2015, 12:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How SBI will calculate the Margin against Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs if the total educational expenses is Rs. 20 Lacs?

The margin is fixed by the bank from before. For example, for loan above 4.5 lakhs and upto 7.5 lakhs the margin is 15 percentage. Similarly for loan of 14 lakhs, the margin will be 25%. Thus whenever, SBI will disburse any loan installment for your study expense, you need to have 25% of the disbursed amount in your account or pay the bank 25% of the disbursed amount. SBI will not look into your total expenditure, for SBI, only the amount of education loan sanctioned matters. So you need to pay 25 percent of the 14 lakhs.
28th May 2015, 02:53 PM
virus Activated
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How SBI will calculate the Margin against Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs if the total educational expenses is Rs. 20 Lacs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I would like to know how much margin would be taken by SBI for a Rs. 14 Lacs Educational Loan if my full expenditure for the course is Rs. 20 Lacs? How is it calculated ?

For the 14 Lac of the Educational loan the margin could be set to 7 Lac to 8 Lac. Also, it depends on the Loan amount you are getting sanctioned and the Bank from where your Loan amount is Sanctioned. Since, the Loan margin depends on various factor such as, Bank type, interest Rate, Loan Sanctioning facility and many more. So, overall you have to pay 50 k extra of the Actual loan which is sanctioned to you.
28th May 2015, 08:21 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, SBI will calculate margin for all education loans, which are above 4 lakhs. The margin amount will be as follows.
For study in India - 5%
For study in Aboard - 15%
So, as a student who is taking a amount of 14 lakhs, your margin amount will be as follows.
If you study in India - 70,000
If you study in Aboard - 2,10,000
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?