8th February 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Possibilities to get scholarship after M.Tech 2nd year and with 45 marks in GATE?

I am senthil Kumar, now I am studying m.tech second year have 45 marks in GATE. Had I get any possibilities to have scholarship

11th February 2016, 08:52 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Possibilities to get scholarship after M.Tech 2nd year and with 45 marks in GATE?

First of all I congratulated you for getting very nice marks in the GATE exam. MHRD provides stipend/ scholarship to all students who get seat in any AICTE approved institutes through GATE score.

>>But the thing is that the scholarship / stipend of amount 12400 is given from the first year of M.Tech course. And also it is given to only those candidates who get admission through GATE score. You qualify GATE exam in the second year of M.Tech course. So you are not eligible for getting scholarship from AICTE.

>>In my opinion, you have to apply for PSU’s companies which recruit through GATE score. You have good marks in the GATE exam so there is a chance of getting interview call letter from the companies.

11th February 2016, 10:16 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibilities to get scholarship after M.Tech 2nd year and with 45 marks in GATE?

No, you cannot avail GATE scholarship while you are pursuing in 2nd year of M.Tech.

All the candidates who have qualified in GATE are eligible to apply for scholarship, but one has to apply only in the first year of M.Tech course.

As of now you cannot apply for GATE scholarship even though you have qualified in GATE.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?