23rd April 2016, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?

When I was applaied to the educational loan,The manager said me,"You don't need to repay the interest during study period".But now the manager was changed.He told that you should repay the interest during study period.But now I am in crucial situation.So I can't pay the interest.So what I have to do to get my final year loan amount from IOB?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get my final year Loan amount if there is an error in repayment?
  2. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  3. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  4. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  5. What should I do if I didn't get the educational loan subsidy till the moratorium period?
  6. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  7. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  8. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  9. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  10. From where I will get an Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs to study MBA with lowest Interest rate?
  11. Interest rates charges against Education Loan in State Bank of India for a candidate who want to study B.Tech in IIT?
  12. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  13. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  14. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  15. How the interest rates could be changed against Bank Education Loan of BOI?
  16. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  17. What should I do to waive interest rates charges against an education loan during study period?
  18. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed]
24th April 2016, 11:56 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?

There is no problem if you are unable to pay the interest during the study period. It is not a mandatory clause in education loan scheme. Bank managers usually force to pay the interest during the study period to ensure bank's income and you can also get a subsidy of 1% lesser interest rate. Since you are not in a financial position to pay the interest, there is no problem, reveal your status to the branch manager and tell him/her that the interest cannot be paid now and will be paid while repaying the loan amount. You can also take legal help or file RTI if the bank does not give you loan further.
24th April 2016, 12:01 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?

There is no problem if you are unable to pay the interest during the study period. It is not a mandatory clause in education loan scheme. Bank managers usually force to pay the interest during the study period to ensure bank's income and you can also get a subsidy of 1% lesser interest rate. Since you are not in a financial position to pay the interest, there is no problem, reveal your status to the branch manager and tell him/her that the interest cannot be paid now and will be paid while repaying the loan amount. You can also take legal help or file RTI if the bank does not give you loan further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?