28th June 2016, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

How can I get an Education Loan without paying interest during study period?

Dear Sir,
I would like to get an Education Loan but don't want to pay interest during my course studies. How I can get an Education Loan with no interest during my study period? What will I do for that? My intermediate exam percentage is 80.6%.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?
  2. Impact of demonetization on interest rate of education loan? Is this good period to study from education loan?
  3. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  4. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  5. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  6. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  7. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  8. Is it necessary to mention Home Loan details in the application of Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get an education loan without interest if my father is in Indian Army?
  10. What should I do to waive interest rates charges against an education loan during study period?
  11. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  12. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  13. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  14. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  15. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  16. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan?
  17. Is M.Sc Biotechnology not a professional course? Why bank charge me compound interest from the study period itself? Can I get subsidy in interest from IOB? -- [New]
  18. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
29th June 2016, 11:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get an Education Loan without paying interest during study period?

In order to motivate and help students from economic weaker section of society, Central government has made rule that interest charged on Education loan will be paid by Central government through interest subsidy.

Though bank will charge interest during course period but once course is completed, interest on education loan upto that period is waived off and student need to pay only principal amount.

Banks and Central government give one more year after course as interest free period to repay the loan but after interest will be charged and candidate needs to pay along with principal amount.
29th June 2016, 11:07 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get an Education Loan without paying interest during study period?

There is no problem in opting for education loan without having to pay interest during the entire study period. You can definitely opt for education loan and not pay the interest during the entire study period. However, the amount outstanding at the end of course while you start repayment will be the loan amount + interest of the entire study period. There is no need of doing anything extra for this; you need to proceed in normal way and you need out pay any interest during your study period.
30th June 2016, 10:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Interest will be charged on amount of loan sanctioned for education but they are waived off as the amount of interest is given to bank by Central Government of India. This scheme is called Interest Subsidy Scheme.

If you are pursuing Bachelor of Technology then upto one year after completion of your degree, no interest will be charged and after that interest will be charged and candidate will have to pay along with amount sanctioned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?