14th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Subsidy on interest offered under Indian Bank Education Loan scheme?

I am going to do Hotel Management undergraduate course. For that I am willing to apply an Education Loan from Indian Bank because I came to know that this Bank is providing subsidy on interest. Kindly tell me what kind of subsidy this Bank is providing?

15th June 2016, 10:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Subsidy on interest offered under Indian Bank Education Loan scheme?

Yes, there are certain subsidies provided by the bank on interest. Since it is a public sector bank, so there are various policies of government based on which one can get subsidy. Some of the subsidies include subsidy on family income less than 1 lakh, subsidy on Senior Citizen as co-borrower, Subsidy on regular payment of interest during the study period, etc. To know if you are eligible for any subsidy, you need to approach the concerned branch, get in touch with the branch manager and get to know whether you are eligible for any subsidy or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?