3rd November 2017, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

What to do if have no money for repayment of education loan?

Sir, I was taken an education loan of 5 lakh from SBI but can not pay it and the bank is deciding to announce me as a defaulter. They have my shop papers as mortgage. Please tell me what should I do now if have no money to pay?

Related Questions:
  1. Details of Marginal Scheme in Education Loan? Repayment modes of Education Loan?
  2. What does Marginal Scheme mean in Education Loan? Mode of Education Loan Repayment?
  3. What to do if have no money for repayment of education loan?
  4. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  5. Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?
  6. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  7. Possibility to extend repayment period of an education loan of PNB due to further studies? How to extend repayment period?
  8. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  9. Repayment methods under Axis Bank Education Loan scheme?
  10. Does bank has right to ask for repayment of loan from me, if son died while studying on education loan from UCO bank?
  11. Repayment methods under Bank of India Education Loan scheme?
  12. What should I do for repayment of an education loan if all documents are stolen?
  13. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Repayment methods under Union Bank Education Loan scheme?
  15. Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Repayment mode of Education Loan in Citi Bank for MS aspirant?
  17. Repayment methods under Dena Bank Education Loan scheme? -- [New]
  18. Details of repayment tenure under Education Loan scheme of Andhra Bank?
7th November 2017, 11:43 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if have no money for repayment of education loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I was taken an education loan of 5 lakh from SBI but can not pay it and the bank is deciding to announce me as a defaulter. They have my shop papers as mortgage. Please tell me what should I do now if have no money to pay?

You have to find some job and start to repay the education loan. You can contact the respective bank branch for extension of repayment period or can pay the education loan amount in EMIs. It is mandatory to repay the education loan or bank management will take against you. Your CIBIL score is also affected and it is very difficult to get any loans from any bank in the future. Therefore, it is better to repay the education loan. You can contact the bank manager and he is in a good position to give you many options available for repayment of education loan.
7th November 2017, 02:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if have no money for repayment of education loan?

For banks time is everything and they want payment on time, if you have taken education loan. All you can do is, get subsidy according to the latest government schemes.

If they have got all the papers for mortgaged property, then they can even auction it for getting the amount. Hence, all you can do is, get a job and start repaying. Only a person with permanent disability can get some relief.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?