18th January 2017, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to extend repayment period of an education loan of PNB due to further studies? How to extend repayment period?

Hello sir, I was taken an education loan of rupees 4 lakh from PNB and now have completed my degree and got admission in master degree. The repayment period of loan was five years but now I am studying. Please tell me how to extend repayment period? Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to extend repayment date of an education loan 5 years to 7 years?
  3. What is the interest rate and repayment period of PNB for an education loan of rupees 4 lakhs?
  4. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  5. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Processing period and repayment mode of Bank of India Education Loan scheme?
  7. Is repayment period based on courses under Dena Bank Education Loan? When to repay the loan amount?
  8. What to do if unable to pay the education loan amount on time due to being jobless?
  9. What is the interest rate and repayment period of Punjab National Bank for an education loan of 5 lakh? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can a bank grant an education loan in 2nd year of engineering course? What will be the repayment period?
  11. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  12. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which bank is good to apply for an education loan to study degree course from New Zealand? Rate of interest, tenure, repayment period for it? -- [New]
  14. Is government of Jammu and Kashmir giving subsidy in repayment of education loan due to flood of last year?
  15. Is it possible to extend Bank Education Loan to study MBA if doing B.Tech with Education Loan?
  16. List of streams in PG course for BDS holder rather than Diploma and Master of Dental Surgery? Which bank is good to apply for an education loan of rupees 10 lakh with maximum repayment period?
  17. What should I do for repayment of an education loan if all documents are stolen?
  18. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
31st January 2017, 08:07 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to extend repayment period of an education loan of PNB due to further studies? How to extend repayment period?

You need to contact the concerned branch from which you took the education loan. You need to write an application to the concerned branch manager stating the same and requesting to increase the repayment period. The bank will look into your case and if it finds your case to be genuine and justifiable for extension, then the repayment period will be extended. It is purely at the discretion of the bank to increase the repayment period. If you get admission in a good institute which is among the top institutes of the country, then you can get extension.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?