28th July 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Where can i get scholarship for doing Ph.D. in Rajasthan University?

Respected expert,

I am UGC NET qualified in June 2006. I have registered for Ph.Din Rajasthan University. I really need finance for my study. Kindly tell me if there is any sort of scholarship for me. I shall be obliged.

Aarti chopra

Related Questions:
  1. Where can i get scholarship for doing Ph.D. in Rajasthan University? -- [New]
  2. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  3. What's the minimum percentage requirement for doing PhD in abst for M.Com from Rajasthan university? List of courses I can opt for with 40% marks
  4. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  5. How may I do Ph.D in Pharmacology from NIMS Rajasthan university? I'm working as a clinical research associate for last 5 years
  6. Scholarship to study M.Phil/PhD for ST student?
  7. Can I get a scholarship in PhD from AICTE recognized university after doing M. Pharmacy?
  8. Procedure to do PhD with scholarship?
  9. Can I do PhD again to become a Lecturer in Psychology from same university if completed PhD in Sociology?
  10. Can I get PhD scholarship in Chemistry from Canadian university?
  11. How can I apply to get scholarship for for further studies in MA and PhD from LSE? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  12. PhD programme in Europe with scholarship in Immunology? Which institute gives scholarship for PhD?
  13. How may I do Ph.D? What's the fee structure? I've completed MID(Master of International Business) from Rajasthan university
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Politics & International Studies in University of Cambridge with scholarship for M.Phil postgraduate?
  15. Ph.D in Organic tpic from Punjab, Haryana or Rajasthan? Date of forms for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is the procedure to do PhD? How can I get the scholarship being OC candidate?
  17. Scholarships for PhD in Law candidate of Gorakhpur University?
  18. Can i get scholarship for Ph.D after scoring 145 in GPAT? How to apply for it?
6th April 2023, 05:05 AM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Where can i get scholarship for doing Ph.D. in Rajasthan University?

With UGC NET qualification, there are reasonable prospects of getting scholarships and financial aid for doctoral studies at Rajasthan University. Some key options to explore are:

UGC JRF and fellowships: UGC provides Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) of Rs. 31,000 per month and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) of Rs. 35,000 per month for NET qualified candidates pursuing MPhil or Ph.D. You can apply through online application on ugc.ac.in with your UGC NET score and selected research topic. Top scorers get fellowships for 5 years extendable to 6 years. This can cover most or all of your tuition and living expenses.

Rajasthan government scholarships: Rajasthan government provides scholarships and fellowships for SC/ST, economically backward and meritorious students including those for higher studies like Ph.D. Check eligibility criteria and apply on relevant departments' websites before deadlines. Scholarships of up to 100% tuition fees and Rs. 10,000 per month as fellowship are provided based on merit and availability of funds. Required documents include income proof, category proof, etc.

University scholarships/fellowships: Some universities provide scholarships/fellowships for doctoral studies based on merit and need. This includes waivers/reimbursements of tuition fees, contingencies, library fees, etc. and/or a monthly fellowship amount. Contact the university scholarship committee or department for details on scholarships offered, eligibility, application process and benefits for Ph.D. students at your university. Meeting high merit is essential, financial profile may also be evaluated.

Teacher fellowship: If selected as a research fellow or assistant professor at the university, you may get a monthly fellowship of Rs. 16,000-28,000 or more based on qualifications and experience. This can be used to support your Ph.D. studies and partly finance living expenses. Appear for walks-in or apply on university website for any open positions matching your profile.

Bank education loans: Take an education loan from banks for tuition fees and living expenses for Ph.D. studies. Interest rates are 7-9% for 5-10 years. Loan amounts of up to Rs. 25-30 lakhs are sanctioned for doctoral courses based on your and co-applicant's income and repayment capacity. This can cover most expenses if scholarships are not meeting complete needs. Co-applicant income is prime criterion, your UGC NET qualification and skills support eligibility.

Some additional tips for scholarships:

Meet basic eligibility, criteria and deadlines for different scholarships to maximize your chance of selection and benefits.

Prepare well for any written tests, interviews or counselling that may be part of selection process. High merits do not guarantee scholarships/fellowships.

Apply for multiple relevant scholarships to improve your opportunities. But do not apply for schemes covering same components of fees/expenses.

Check recipients list of previous years to have reasonable expectations of scholarships and amounts you may get.

Keep applying in subsequent years if not selected to improve your chances with higher qualifications, experience, research contributions, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?