19th May 2012, 02:12 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

Default Re: Scope of Mechanical engineering in the coming years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the scope of mechanical engineering in coming years.?I can not chose between computer engineering and mechanical engineering.More over I have heard that job profile of a mechanical engineer is laborious,how far is it correct?
daer freind
dont confuse between computer engineering and mechanical engineering . mechanical is the hot cake branch of engineering it has a wider scope then computer . 1st of all you should think about your interest , what do you want to do, then it will very easy to decide which is better for you.as far as the scope of mechanical in future is concern ,it is very bright ,because selling of all cars , mechinaries , increase every day. and ofcourse it is more laborius and taugh job.

i think you should decide , you are interested in computer or machines.

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of Civil and Electronics Engineering in coming 5 years?
  2. Which course is better in coming years, Civil, Mechanical, ETC, Electrical and Electronics? Scopes of these engineering branches?
  3. Scope of B.Tech(Mech) in coming 4 to 5 year? What are the job opportunities in India as well as abroad and how much is the salary offered?
  4. Scope in Electronics and Communication in coming year?
  5. Is there any scope for B.Tech Mechanical engineer in India?
  6. Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?
  7. Will industrial engineering have a good scope in coming years in India?
  8. Which course is having more career scope between Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology?
  9. List of important courses in mechanical engineering?
  10. What is the scope for me in Army? I am 19 years old and have completed diploma in mechanical engineering
  11. Is Instrumentation and Control branch in Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology good enough for Girls? What would be the scope in coming 4 to 5 years?
  12. What is scope of Mechanical Engineering in India?
  13. Career scope for the candidates after completion of Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering?
  14. What is the scope of various fields in mechanical engineering to do higher studies? Which is better between M.E and MBA? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  15. Which course is having good scope to do ME in abroad after completion of Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  16. Which would be trending branch in B.Tech in coming 5 to 6 years?
  17. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical & Automation Engineering?
  18. Scope and the salary of mechanical engineer?
20th June 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

can a mechanical engineer become astronaut?
1st July 2012, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

what oportunities in mechenical engineering after 4 years
28th November 2012, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

is there mechanical engg have more govt job than other of all branches
15th December 2012, 11:32 PM
ashis.career

Power plant Engineering.
Automobile/Automotive Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
Aerospace Engineering.
Naval Architech Engineering.
Tools & Machinery Engineering.
Marine Engineering.
Mechatronics Engineering.
Robotics Engineering (In design and operating or we can say except Memory part).
CAD/CAM/CAE.

All these are directly or indirectly linked with Mechanical engineering and so called parts of it.
Infact Mechanical Engineering is known as father and Electrical Engineering as the Mother of all engineering branches as said by a scientist of old age. Also Mechanical Engineering alone has 60 subjects.
2nd April 2013, 06:13 AM
Unregistered

after bca , can i do btech mechanical engg????
2nd April 2013, 01:00 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Scope of Mechanical Engineering:

RRB(Railway Recruitment Board)

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

CDS(Combined Defence Service)

NTPC(National Thermal Power Corporation)

HPCL(Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd)

ONGC(Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)

SAIL(Steel Authority of India)

BHEL(Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd)

FCI(Food Corporation of India)

All the best.....
23rd May 2013, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

can i do business in automobiles after doing bba
17th June 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

which branch have bright future weather ece or mech?but iam weak at communication,i think i can improve.can suggest which is better for me?
13th February 2014, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir ,i am 1 b-tech mech student,i am a girl can please give me guidelines about further years. 'Can girls get jods'?if get where!
14th August 2014, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

mechanical engg. can develop their own company?
If he has no much money then what do him?
if he has new technical creation which not develop by other company then what can do that person?
please ans. fast as possible as
16th August 2014, 01:40 PM
shailza keshari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the scope of mechanical engineering in coming years.?I can not chose between computer engineering and mechanical engineering.More over I have heard that job profile of a mechanical engineer is laborious,how far is it correct?
first of all i want to tell you that both the branch are good but as the view of future mechanical is good and about the laborious, yes mechanical is but its totally depend upon the skills , if you complete B.E/B.tech you should be in the post of senior engineer , and if you did diploma you should be posted as junior engineer in industry .mechanical is a group of department like , designing , thermal , industrial work .
19th June 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I am student of first year mechanical engineering B.E
I am very confused abut my collage because it have no any campus placement. Due to this I want to join another course like BCA MCA in another good management college...
Sir please help me can I continue my engineering in that college or I can join new course...
Please reply...
8th August 2020, 11:33 AM
deepikapandey9999

One thing is there is basically two types of jobs from Indian perspective. One is hardcore industry like steel, petroleum e.t.c mostly.. government organizations.. Second type of jobs are the ones in OEMs in different areas and the suppliers and service provides. Eg Volvo is an automotive OEM and Robert Bosch is a tier 1 supplier who provides different components and services for these OEMs.

I work for Volvo and hence my answer will be more aligned towards the second type of jobs..

Now coming to the answer. As I said the scope for both mechanical and electrical.. the oldest engineering branches will always be there as till the end of world. But we have to adapt to modern style of working.

The second and most important thing to keep in mind while reading this answer and through out your life if you're an engineer is.. the boundaries between engineering fields are getting blurred day by day. Sitting in my office and looking around, I can see electrical engineers doing engine calibration.. Mechanical engineers developing softwares. This thing you already know.. there is no longer mechanical and electronics engineering.. It's mechatronics engineering everywhere. Go ahead and open your car bonet you will know what I mean.

So this is the first step towards adaptation. Have some idea about other engineering fields.Electronics and control theory and electrical machines is a must. Select some online resources and spend some 70hrs on each of these topics.. You are good to go.

Now the second thing is.. the world is moving towards virtual simulation and testing when it comes to technology development. It's highly cost effective and saves a lot of time. So simulation is the key…Finite element analysis, model bases design and system simulation.. e.t.c are the things of major focus in the industry right now and for the foreseeable future. So it will be good to build some competency around these areas.MATLAB and simulink is a must. It's a simulation tool which has numerous applications. Apart from that you should be proficient in one coding language. Python is good and highly user friendly. A mechanical engineer with coding skills is a lot of power. You can automate all repetitive task and focus on doing the creative stuff. Many finite element analysis has interfaces to call python into the environment.. and a lot more things you can do..

And one more thing. Artificial intelligence. If possible combine AI and python and learn it together. Understand the basics. It will help you a lot in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?