30th January 2013, 08:38 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Validity of GATE scores?

Hello Friend ,

GATE (GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING ) is an All India Examination which is considered as a Gate way to to Post Gradaute courses in Seven Indian Institutes of Technology & Indian Institute of Science.

GATE Scores is valid for TWO YEARS , from the Date of Announcement of the results .

Yes you can take Admission in 2013 .

ALL THE BEST ...!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I use better of my last two GATE scores?
  2. How to give the exam of BHEL after passing B.Tech electrical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  4. Use of GATE 2014 score in GATE 2015
  5. GATE exam validity is for 1 or 2 years?
  6. How to apply for PSU after completing engineering? What is the date of sale of forms?
  7. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  8. Full information about GATE rank card validity, possible jobs, marks needed, best coaching and GATE score required to apply for Post Graduate Degrees?
  9. Validity of GATE exam score? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. For how many times an OC candidate can appear in GATE? Validity period of GATE scorecard?
  11. When and where to do training while in fourth semester of mechanical engineering?
  12. After doing B.Tech in civil engineering what should I do between MBA and M.Tech?
  13. How can I join BHEL? I am a student of electrical engineering in 5th semester
  14. MS or MTech in india
  15. Can I appear in NIPER PhD entrance exam being a M.Sc in Chemistry(Pharmacoinformatics) candidate?
  16. Should I have to appear in RET to study PhD in Zoology at Banaras Hindu University? Detailed information about RET?
  17. Only GRE and GATE scores are used to get admission in IIT and in abroad? Is there any other exams? -- [New]
  18. What are the chances of getting admission in COEP for Civil Branch after scoring 159 in MHT CET? How much could be the cutoff this time?
7th September 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Validity of GATE scores?

sir,
I have qualified GATE 2013 exam with score of 33.67.
But I didnt taken an admission for M.Tech due some reason this year.
Now if i appear for GATE 2014 then which score will be consider for admission to M.Tech in the year 2014? Will the GATE 2013 score be valid or not??
8th September 2013, 02:31 AM
ganeshpandiyan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i appeared for Gate this year. i qualified. i want to join for Mtech in the year 2012 only. i want to know if i should do anything to extend my Gate score.
hello sir/madam gate exam score will be valid in 2 years..k...if u feel i want more score in gate exam compare to previous gate exam means u can apply for this year exam k...no i feel better previous score means study well sir/madam..
ALL THE BEST.
15th September 2013, 03:20 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear friend,
GATE score is valid for 2 years.GATE score is valid in the year in which you have written the GATE and next year of GATE exam.
15th September 2013, 10:40 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear friend,

Once you qualified in the GATE that GATE score is valid for 2 years.Within the two years you use this GATE score for MTech admission,to apply for jobs or any other purpose.After that if you need the GATE score you have to write the GATE exam again.
23rd September 2013, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I joined Mtech in 2013 academic year with GATE score whose validity is from 2012-2014. Then will I get gate stipend for the second year of my course.. Please reply ittz urgent.. Should I apply for GATE 2014...????
11th October 2013, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

can i study m pharm with out GPAT?Howmuch fee? Howmuch percentase need to write GPAT
21st February 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Validity of GATE scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i appeared for Gate this year. i qualified. i want to join for Mtech in the year 2012 only. i want to know if i should do anything to extend my Gate score.
Just go to this website and see the validity of gate scores in GATE
www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/post-exam
29th March 2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

sir ,my gate marks is 22.67 but cutoff is 25 my score card is valid ,so provide scholarship.
please inform sir
29th March 2014, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have qualifide Biotechnology GATE exam in 2010 but i am not use score for registration for phd. Can i extend this validity or use this score for registration through PET exam?
3rd April 2014, 02:00 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Entrance Exam is being conducted by IITs every year in order to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to be eligible to give the Entrance Exam is by completion of Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Engineering course.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course also can give this Exam.

There is no upper age limit at all for the candidates to give this Exam.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. One can give this Exam as many times as they wanted.

The validity of the GATE score card is for 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score whichever is better to get admission for M.Tech course.

IITs are the top institutions to join M.Tech course.

So, this year GATE score card, you can make use of this year and next year as well.

Similarly previous year GATE score card you can use previous year and as well as this year also.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?