24th September 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

as my point of view hm is best then engg bcog nowdays engg job are getting less. because most of the people are want to do engg that is why there is. limited seat well about hm is soo good then eng you will get handsome salary in this field so go for hm best of luck for your carrier.......
29th September 2012, 04:34 PM
sandyjustimagine

Default Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

Hi!!

Engineering and management both are the most popular and advantageous branches in present and offer maximum amount of employment ,especially in private sector.
But if we compare among the two of then we find that engineering is a bit more advantageous because of the following points -
1-you get job at an early age because you get the package after graduation only by pursuing b -tech from a good college and with good marks .
2-There is better opportunity for jobs in public sector like ies and different psu's
at national and international level .
3-you can pursue mba later on after completing your engineering if you like and get the advantages of management field also.
4-you get a healthy atmosphere to study at an early age which will enhance your social and personnel skills .
REQUIREMENTS
1-you should have interest in maths and should be good at it .
2-you should be innovative and think logically to qualify the entrance exam and get a good college.
3-you should be practical and have confidence to put your points in front.
Last but not the least your interest also matters a lot.
Hope this will help you .
All the best .
26th October 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

hi frnds dis is kartheek i hv cmplted my hotel management now a days hotel management has a brand name so i suggest to ppl who r cmplted inter just go to hotel management field ofter cmpltng dis course u can get good jobs nd also good salary nd u can work in airport nd cruiselines nd 5star hotels nd if u do job in cruise u will get salary per month arround 1lakh so better to do hote
26th October 2012, 06:30 PM
adlakartheek

huuuuuuuuuu
29th December 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I am learning in Polytechnich Diploma last year.
I think Hotel Management ic good then Enginering.
I Join Poly after 10th Std.
Can i get the addmission in Hotel manegmnt..
and duration for comleting the hotel managmnt degree.
27th January 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have my eyesight weak.. am i eligble for hotel management?
27th January 2013, 07:46 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi shukla View Post
can anyone tell me what is better and why, to do engineering from state college via EAMCET(engineering examination of andhra pradesh) or to do HOTEL MANAGEMENT, in which field i can earn more...
Helo,
it depends on your career interest!!

in my view, both engineering and hotel management are good streams.

# engineering is based on technical knowledge..and technical skills. while,
# hotel management is related to ur managing skills...

And as far as the pay scale is concerned..it depends on your talent and experience.

So, You decide what you want!!
18th May 2013, 06:02 PM
Safwan khan 123

Default hey guys cn any one tel me that can 40 % marks student in science cn get admission in engg or hotel management????

hey guys cn any one tel me that can 40 % marks student in science cn get admission in engg or hotel management????
30th June 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

is doing hotel management from ihm delhi is better than pursuing engineering from a private college ?pls help me....i'm totally confused n have little time to decide...
8th November 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

hotel management is good...but in india ......hospitalitty industry is limitted scope..........salary range engneering get 50000 ,a senior level get 100000 ,,,,a hotel management prof get starting leval 30000 ,,,,,,after 3 or 4 years get 200000 ,,,hotel industry is high salary field..................but job time is high
3rd February 2014, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Hey dear, plzz don't go for engineering go for Hotel Management coz its have more demand now a days in India as well as Abroad, and I would preferred you to go for HM from top notch institute such as IHM'S and one can get jobs easily abroad in international 5***** Hotel Chains such as HILTON (LONDON), MARRIOTT, etc....
Go Ahead and Make Your Bright Career in Hotel Industry.... * * * * *
20th April 2014, 06:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi, i think hotel management is good quickly u get a job at the same time engineering its hard to study and long time for job but once u get a job ur life is good

thank's

Sudar Amudhan.B
28th May 2014, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I feel engineering difficult... Nd im a frst year studnt of mech engineering. . Will it b gud fr me to select hm..
4th June 2014, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

in engineering u have to sit 9-10 hrs in a work place in Hotel Management If U get job in some 5stars for cruise lines You can travel places and live an interesting lines
18th August 2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, is there any option to come in engineering field after completing Hotel Management??
11th August 2015, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Hotel management sucks in india compared to engineering in every aspect.. hotel management is for donkeys(specially in india) if u wanna work for 12-14 hrs like a donkey den u should join hotel management and u even get paid less and on the other hand engineering work is for 9 hrs maybe but less than hm and u get good salary ppl say that dont think abt the salary and blaa blaa shit its all fake the whole world is behind money so better go for engineering
19th May 2016, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Yes I agree with hotel management cause nowadays there is no jobs for engineers hence they are unemployed . And more over HM is taking boom all over n proving job opportunities n paying a good salary too . Hence you think about evrythn n then choose the course . All the best
25th December 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?
10th June 2020, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Dont Join Hotel Management for god sake they treat you like shit in training
12th July 2021, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

In between hotel management and engineering which pays good salary
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?