2nd March 2018, 06:34 PM
Saw14

Are 12th Arts candidates eligible to study B.Com?

I have finished 12th Arts with the following subjects:- English, History, Geography, Economics and Computer. Am I eligible to study B.Com?

6th March 2018, 08:24 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are 12th Arts candidates eligible to study B.Com?

No, you are not eligible to join B.Com course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Com course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Commerce stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.Com course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
7th March 2018, 04:56 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Yes, you can eligible for B.Com course, any stream candidates who have passed their 10+2 from a recognized board of education can apply for B.Com course.

Eligibility criteria may vary from one college to other and some may only take commerce students for B.Com course. But there are many colleges which give admission to any stream students.

Just take care that you have scored 50% marks or above in 10+2. Some may even ask for 60% marks for B.Com Honours. Usually in top commerce colleges, the admission is based on the marks you have obtained in 10+2. Hence, if you have excellent marks in 10+2, then you will have greater chance of getting admission in top colleges.
7th March 2018, 06:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Com refers to Bachelor of Commerce and same is an undergraduate degree course of three years related to commerce and business subjects.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing B.Com degree course having completed your Class 12th in arts stream then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for B.Com general degree course not honors degree course as for honors degree course in commerce you need to have completed your Class 12th in commerce stream with Mathematics and economics as main subjects.
7th March 2018, 08:37 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The academic qualification required for pursuing Bachelor of Commerce is 12th passed or appearing. You can apply for Bachelor of commerce. You can also choose Bachelor of Commerce Honours as you have studied Economics.

Top Universities;

Delhi University.

Banras Hindu University.

IGNOU.

Patna University etc.
7th March 2018, 10:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in B.Com in some of the best institute is that candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper.

As, you do not have Mathematics in 12th so, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Com course.

For detail information about the admission procedure visit at official website of the respective institute.

Some of the best university :-

Delhi University.

Banaras Hindu University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?