1st February 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope of Industrial Engineering in India?

can u pls let me kno d starting salaries of industrial engineers?

Related Questions:
  1. Is this a good choice of choosing ME in Industrial Engineering after the completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? Scope of Industrial Engineering course?
  2. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  3. Will industrial engineering have a good scope in coming years in India?
  4. Information about M.E? Which course has more scope in industrial field?
  5. What is the scope of industrial production branch in India?
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  7. What is industrial/Production Engineering? What's its scope in India and Abroad?
  8. How to make a good career in Industrial Safety? What is the scope for Industrial Safety?
  9. What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering
  10. Which Engineering stream has great scope in India?
  11. Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology
  12. What is the scope of IP engineering in India? Is it necessary to do M.Tech in IP
  13. How much is the salary after completing industrial and production engineering? Is there any scope in future?
  14. Which are the best universities in India for M.Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management?
  15. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  16. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  17. What is the scope of automobile engineering in India? How may I get admission into it and what are its future scope?
  18. Engineering courses available in India and their scope in future?
25th February 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am SANDEEP, and am pursuing B.Tech in Production and Industrial Engineering from NIT JSR. just wanted to know what is a better choice aft that? tell me psc company and also popular company and their payscale...
6th March 2011, 05:27 PM
purveshpatel

hi....

i m student in 9th at present..i want to know the collages which provide diploma in industrial engineering after 1oth...
26th March 2011, 09:13 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
I think there is a lot of scope of Industrial Engineering in india. because Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that concerns the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and process...........
Thanks
27th March 2011, 02:07 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
according to my opinion-
Industrial engineering is a branch of Engineering, which deals with design, improvement and installation of an integrated system of people, material, equipment, energy and Machines with the help of Technology.

Industrial engineering, teaches how to increase the productivity by combining Human and Machines together.

Scope:

If we talk about its scope in India, then we can keep Construction,Chemical and Industrial Engineering in same row.

Oppurtunity of Idustrial Engineering was never so promissing in India, ever before. The growing number of Industries in India and every Industry want to make the productivity better and cost effective, it has created excellent oppurtunity for Industrial Engineers.

Today in this competetive world where if One company Manufactures products worth rs.100, then simultaneously other want try to provide the same at rs.90. This is nothing but the work of Industrial Engineers who made it possible,during the industry manufacturing.

So, dont worry about career after that, just persue that course from a Good Institute.

Thank
22nd April 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

i ve pursued INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING GUINDY for my bachelors degree . and am in my second yr!!! i wud lyk to kno wether it wud be better to pursue ME or MBA or MS after my BE program!! n if applicable, wen do i need to start my coaching fer CAT/GATE/GRE??
23rd April 2011, 03:01 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Industrial Engineering course has a wide scope in manufacturing and automation field. And Industrial engineers work in all branches and industries in which products are manufactured in industrial processes. Employment opportunities are to be found in mechanical and plant engineering, in automobile engineering, in power-generating, in the electrical industry, in the precision engineering industry, in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, in the textile industry, the paper industry, iron and steel industry, food and semi-luxury foods and tobacco industry.
25th April 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

I'm studying in a university in the US and I'm about to start my second year.
I am planning to announce my major as Industrial and Systems Engineering.
I want to know what its scope will be like in India in a few years and especially if its good for girls since I want to come back in a few years and settle there.
I also plan on doing my MBA after undergrad. I would appreciate any feedback.
25th April 2011, 08:51 AM
nancykamani

I'm currently a first year student at a university in the US.
I am planning to declare my major as Industrial and Systems Engineering.
I want to know how the scope will be in India in a few years for girls like me.
I also plan on doing my MBA after undergrad, but I want to know more about the job scene for an ISE. Any feedback will be appreciated.
8th May 2011, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

Hi everyone!
I'm going to start b.tech this academic year. In my life, i want to start my career with 4-5 years of job and then start up my own creative business (not the sort of black business like real estate, rather something like microsoft(thats what i alwys thought of since long...). ).
But i won't be able to get c.s. in any i.i.t rather i'm expecting production and industrial eng. as a branch. So i want to know from my elder and experienced people here, that if i take it and then do m.b.a, then will i be able to follow the same line of job and business with the knowledge of this field(of course forget abt microsoft....:)) ?????? How do you see my planning?

PLS GUIDE ME(I'm not from a business class family)
11th May 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Hai friends!
I have completed my 2.I am looking for a better coarse in BE.Is there any scope for production engineering in india?can i get a good job?
31st May 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

can i go to srm or satyabama colg???????
31st May 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

hi..........
i m 12th science passed out with 70%,
i would like to noe abt colleges offering degree courses in industrial eng after 12th.
plz help me :)
10th June 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

hi sir im Manik Oberoi ... i m getting electrical, mechanical , civil, in PEC and Production and Industrial Engineering in DCE......... so what is a better option.... plz help me out.....
13th June 2011, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir-i am pursuing manufacturing process & automation engineering from NSIT delhi.i want to know placement,salary package,future prospect,company hiring.i heared software company also hiring from this this branch as well as core company.i have in mind to do higher study-i should aim MBA or M.tech.kindly reply in detail.s.kumar NSIT delhi
hello s.kumar...i m younger than and i hv just given aieee exam and hope fully i m gettin automation eng. in nsit and dtu.....what wud u suggest me ..to do....
shud i opt fr it.......plz reply....it wud a gr8 help.....thnx
plz reply on [email protected].....
14th June 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Helllo everyone. I am Kshitij Jain. I wanted to know which is better- Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering in terms of scope and job opportunities. Thanks in advance.
18th June 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi! myself Sumit

I have cleared 12th STD with PCM by 72%....

I have given AIEEE

acording to my rank i m Getting NIT kurukchetra
and branch Industrial Engineering and Manegment.

Its a New Branch i Think Should i enter in this field or not???
I hv no mood of being Drop>>>>
18th June 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Scope of Industrial Engineering in India?

I Think you do M E With the Industrial Production because This branch Have Very Much Scoop And when U complete your M E then the scoop of industrial production is increases...
21st June 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

hi..
m getting environment engineering in dtu..
and cse or ec in ipu..
so what shud i prefer??has environment engineering good scope in india??
28th June 2011, 02:25 PM
arunkumar10029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Am Amos by name, a Nigerian and I would like to study industrial Engineering in india but, I don't know the school to apply or a person to process it for me. I want to start in 2011 academic year.
IF want to do industrial engineering in tamilnadu send me your mail id
1st July 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

if having grduate in engineering if i try for IRS/IFS (having trade civil)and dont qualify. what can be other options?reply me on
on [email protected]
2nd July 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

i am a 4th year student of industrial engg. and mgt. i jst want to know the procedures for making to a core company offcampus and what would be the best core for this branch
2nd July 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

SIR,
I AM PLANNING TO TAKE PRODUCTION ENG. IN BHARTIYA VIDYAPEETH PUNE.
CAN YOU PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT ARE SALARY PACKAGES OFFERED IN THIS BRANCH AFTER COMPLETING GRADUATION...??
AND WHAT ARE THE GOOD COMPANIES IN THIS SECTOR....???
6th July 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
i want to know is it worthy to do industrial engineering as this branch is available for me in PEC University, Chandigarh..... and what is the scope of this particular branch in future...
i also wanted to know is it really related to automobile sector?
1st August 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i am ARUN NARWADE ,iam now admited in engineering institude for INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING so please tell me about scope of this course?
1st August 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

hi'
i'm doing btech in industrail & production eng from nit-j. i'm very confused what to do after the btech? plz suggest me something
5th August 2011, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

hi everyone... can anyone tell me whether industrial engineering is better or project management....i m working as a project procurement engineer....also what is the difference between the two...pls guide...thanks in advance...
5th August 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

what is very much needed to becom an industrial engg....what is the aggre v shld get .....to get into a good company...
hope i get replys....
6th August 2011, 05:48 AM
raju93

tuk up IP eng.. in "Malnad College Of Eng Hassan"
I would like to know whether it has scope in future..
is der job oppertunity 4 dis course
12th August 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my BE in Aeronautical engineering.i want to do ME in industrial engineering and management .will it be helpful for me to get a good job.i dont want to continue in aeronautics field
13th August 2011, 05:57 AM
Unregistered

hi.. i am amar i get admission in industrial eng & management in nit kurushetra or ece in nit delhi which is best 4 me my friends tell me that industrial is not a gud course there is not gud placemrnt in this field any one who help me tell me as soon as possible....
17th August 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i m doing B.tech industrial engineering in m.s.ramaiha inst. of technology
i want to know whether it is a good college who will help me in getting a nice pay after 4 years....
18th August 2011, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I m doing Production and Industrial Engineering from DTU. Can u guyzz tell me abt placements of dis branch students in core companies and also about MBA after BTech
23rd August 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i ,m AFIEZ KHAN , I m doing B.Tech in INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION from NIT JALANDHAR . If i will do M.TECH from IIT is a better option or not , and is their any placement of m.tech in industrial production in IIT and what is the expected salary
24th August 2011, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

i finished my electrical engineering and have got seat in industrial engineering at anna university coimbatore...i dont know how it will be related to my B.E degree ...can you pls tell me that is the course will be worthful or not.?
27th August 2011, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

I m 30,working in saudi, did dip in electronics engg and have 10 years exp in electrical maint. now i m graduating in industrial engg from IIIE ( like institution of engineers,a distance education). I want to know about (the real/practical )scope, job opportunity, salary and role & responsibility of an industrial engineer in India and abroad. waiting for response from seniors.
29th August 2011, 05:05 AM
Unregistered

dear/all
hi i have taken admission in me thermal engg. after b tech mechanical completion is it the right decision to go for thermal engg. instead of production / industrial engg.
3rd September 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

what all companies recruit production & industrial engineers .. Can you name them???? I also wanted to know its scope in govt sector!!!!
24th September 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

thinking of doing dual specialization in operations and industrial engineering
19th October 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am a B Tech degree holder in Electrical & Electronics engineering. Now I am thinking to join M Tech in Industrial Engineering & Management,please give advise & suggestions about the course & its scope.
27th November 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I am also an industrial engineer & i have done my B.E Industrial engineering in 1998 from mehran university of engineering & technology jamshoro sindh pakistan. So I want to apply in India for the any post which is related to my qualification.so kindly informed me that is it possible for me.
Engr.Sarwan Kumar Soni
Sindh Pakistan
7th December 2011, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

Hi all..i'm doing my B.E i.e program in coll of engg guindy chennai..its a course which can make wonders in any industry...also in the present economic scenario in a country lik india it has lots of job opportunity because of foreign investments...it deals with effective and efficient use of resources,designing of workplaces,quality,optimization,decision making,resource planning,automations,reliability,facility layouts..supply chain mgmt etc..also its a course with limited seats in india..if you wish to do this course do it in a reputed institute..all the best..
9th December 2011, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

hello i m doing b.tech in industrial engg.and management from nit kurukshetra.......with a good cgp 8.2
i want to know its scope in a good government.........
14th December 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I completed my Diploma in Printing Technology and Have been doing my profession in printing department since after my completion of my study. At present i'm doing sec.A in AMIE, and i would like to prefer production engineering after section A. So Will the production engg deal with printing field...?
26th December 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone...

I am currently pursuing my final year Bachelor of engineering in the field of electronics and communication. Which isn't my field of interest either. My real aim and passion is to start an industry. So, after browsing the internet, I came to know about INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING. I am planning to take up Industrial engineering in my masters. Is it possible for me to change my field from electronics to Industrial engineering in MS? Please do guide and assist me regarding this issue. I would be thankful to you'll.
29th December 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

myself karan having being done my 10 2 from an rural background i just wanted to know that which field of be will give me the most and suitable career opportunities
28th January 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

hi i am pabitra.
now i am in 3rd yr Production Engg. branch in WBUT.
i want to get good industrial jobs with M tech degree.
so.(1)M TECH IN PRODUCTION ENGG.
(2)M TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGG.
which option is better for me??
30th January 2012, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

i m persuing b-tech in production and industrial engg from MNNIT Allahabad . pls tell me scope in india or foreign...i want to do m tech in mechanical engg from iit bombay..... what i will do???????????? pls reply.......
21st February 2012, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 3 year industrial engineering management in one of reputed college. I want to do PG. I am confused whether to choice MBA or to go for M.TECH. Since I have studied management related subjetcs in IEM , Am not getting which option out of MBA and M.TECH is best. Hence please advice me and help to go in right path. Please suggest as early as possible so it will be helpfull to prepare for PG exams.
30th April 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.Tech(IT).I like to take Industrial Engineering course.What is the eligiblity for doing M.E in Industrial EngineeringIn Top Colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?