29th May 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

Hi, I am a 32year old engg graduate with lapsed years without any jobs due to personal reasons. I want to move to programming jobs. my knowledge of C programming is just bare basic.
I consulted few IT training institutions to get gist of the latest trends.
I was told to take PHP course(3 months) with Zend Certification to jump start. But, someone discourages telling only small companies will take PHP projects.
For MNCs and better paid jobs, Java or .net is needed - as recommended by a NIIT staff.

I am confused and it is already late in My part to start. Please Guide Me to Choose a Skillset.

Presently, the Choices I have:
1)PHP
2)JAVA
3).NET
4)Coldfusion
Please Don't Hesitate to Recommend Me a suitable Course remembering I am not good at Programming and have to start from basics.

29th May 2011, 01:31 PM
babydoll

Default Re: JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

Hello,
Well all the programing languages have their own importance. Either you have learned C,C++,JAVA, .NET etc.. they are all good for the job purpose.
But i would suggest that JAVA with ORACLE is best option for getting a high profile jobs.
So you can take training from NIIT with sure placement. The course duration is about 6 months.
The course fees should be 15000 rupees.
So better to go for the course which would provide you sure placement.
29th May 2011, 04:16 PM
mandiv

Default Re: JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

hello

In most programs you learn C and Java along with starting with HTML. I know several programmers and all have their specialties in different languages but all agree learning C++ or C# and knowing it well would benefit your job searching.
-Basically the degree validates your education
-Experience validates your ability to take your education to the work place
And while Python is very basic it is a simple language to start with since you can visually see your program in a clean format v. some of the other languages which can be difficult to read. Python is also used in some GIS programs to make tools.
30th May 2011, 03:15 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are different company work on different project. some company may work on only PHP whereas some company work on .NET again some company may work on JAVA.

at this age i will say you that if you have any type of job experience then try to work with that experience. don't need to go for any training. whatever you know at this time utilize that and try to get a job.

but if you really want to do any course then i will suggest you to do JAVA. because JAVA is a object oriented computer language. this is a very much popular language and so many company works on it. also after C it will be much easy to learn JAVA. so your first preference should be JAVA.

so many company also work on PHP and .NET so you may learn this course also. but it's not possible to learn each and every language. i think after JAVA you will be eligible for most of the company. now if any other course is required then that will be done on training so no need to do from any institution.

so just first try to get job from your experience if not possible then go for training on computer courses. if you go for computer courses then obviously do from a good and popular institution like NIIT.

best wishes.
30th May 2011, 08:15 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

Hi friend,
since you are still in basic stage of programming i can suggest you to do java as the course. But even after finishing java getting job in big companies after this much long gap. Because many companies nowadays requires fresh youngsters. So i suggest you to work in small companies and then try to enter MNC companies using your experience.
30th May 2011, 02:59 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am a 32year old engg graduate with lapsed years without any jobs due to personal reasons. I want to move to programming jobs. my knowledge of C programming is just bare basic.
I was told to take PHP course(3 months) with Zend Certification to jump start. But, someone discourages telling only small companies will take PHP projects.
For MNCs and better paid jobs, Java or .net is needed - as recommended by a NIIT staff.

I am confused and it is already late in My part to start. Please Guide Me to Choose a Skillset.

1)PHP
2)JAVA
3).NET
4)Coldfusion
Please Don't Hesitate to Recommend Me a suitable Course remembering I am not good at Programming and have to start from basics.

Hii,

great sprit to learn that time also ..

As per your choice i say you all of them are good but if you want to choose one I suggest you java ..
It is a long time constant and higher pay value or get easy job through it ..
but the thing is that java is so deeply languages so try to capyure fast ..

Good luck..

Ankur
30th May 2011, 11:49 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:

1)PHP
2)JAVA
3).NET
4)Coldfusion
friend,

i will suggest you that you first improve your logic in C and C++,if you really
wanted to be a programmer because these languages will built your logic .i am telling this, because i am also an employee in an IT industry as a developer.then you can move to other languages for example JAVA and they will be easy to learn.

good luck.
31st May 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of choosing networking stream instead of joining lately for programming? I am reconsidering the path. I was told to join a parallel program of MCITP and CCNA for a 3 months duration course. comparing to programming, I have some interaction with networking. I am inclined to networking after going through the Syllabus of PHP,JEE. the coding looks cryptic to Me!

while I have learned part of networking in My last semesters of Engineering Graduation and some how feels it is easier? for My age.

Mentor I met in a Software/Networking Institute Here in Cochin is the Opinion that Learning Programming even if it is PHP and make a carrier profile at this Age is Tough and may turn fruitless after once if I find I am not have the aptitude or the geekiness to grasp programming.

So, IF in Networking, What will be a wise choice to build up basic skillsets? the Mentor in a computer college recommended Me to go for Networking Stream and get Certificates inorder to "Mask" the gap of more than 8 years after Engineering. Choices as per Him:
1)MCITP CCNA CWNA(Wireless) - 3 months course.
2)RHCE CCNA CWNA - 3months
^^ Optional A and N CompTia Certifications.

Any Other Suggestions? I am inclined to Join on this Month itself.
Thank You All for Your Replies. Awaiting Replies Regarding Choice of Networking instead of Programming.
31st May 2011, 07:02 PM
mr.anon4mkerala

Hi, I am the Original Poster Who Started this thread

I met few institutes to consult which stream(software or networking) is better suited for Me at this Age.
Most are of the opinion that betting on programming language learning at this age may be risky;since if I have no aptitude for programming, My Time will be wasted.

Since I have some Idea of basic networking. 2 out of 3 Mentors of the Training institutes recommended I should Join a Microsoft and Cisco Networking Certification and "mask" the gapping years after My graduation.
The Choices They gave Me is:
1)MCITP+CCNA+CWNA(Wireless) optional A+ and N+ from CompTia
2)RHCE+CCNA
I am inclined to the first choice although RHCE as per many especially with RHEL6 is a tough nut to crack.

I intend to Join 1st or 2nd option within a week's time since new batches are starting.

Kindly Help Me.
4th June 2011, 02:16 PM
mr.anon4mkerala

guys please advice. I am terribly confused which networking courses to choose to have a jumpstart.
4th July 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi guys....am totally confused about to choose php or .net..(i have 1.2yrs experience on php) now i got job on .net as a trainee in small company with bond of 2years.(as am good at .net basics but no prior experience on real time environement on .net platform).Please i need suggestions from you whether to continue php or to start my carrier from scratch with .net.....please i need your suggestions...its urgent...no time span to take decision ...........any suggestions reply to this emailid([email protected]) plz its urgent..am totally confused unable to stick to one thought.
5th July 2011, 12:24 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
First of all, don't get confused... just cool down and choose a path, then go for it..
yes,my friend it is true that now a days IT companies want a student who knows object oriented programming language very well like java...
so. my suggestion is to go for java first to get a good job in IT company.. because most of the IT companies work on it...
so, don't worry, after learning JAVA you will definitely get a job...
All the best..
15th July 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

what is the new trend among programming languages
19th July 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Wht's scope of java ?
20th July 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnds,,
I am choosing .net as a carrier.Because i'm interested in a programming.And i thnk i'm do well in .net.Java is very deep n lengthy language.If u go for any language then first thnk ur self.what u know about language?that language is suitable for u?u give ur best in that?ur basic is clear?and after all ur positive thinking go for it..Best luck
26th July 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Hii,
I've just completed my B.Tech(IT). I'm really confused which language to go for- JAVA/.NET/PHP. I want to get a decent job. Recently there are many openings in PHP and software testing. Please help me out because i don't want to waste any more time. Kindly suggest me which institute will be good in terms of faculty and placements- NIIT/DUCAT
10th August 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

hi is .net / java language provides jobs with highest pays?
25th August 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

BOTH .NET AND JAVA OR GOOD.BUT JAVA WITH ORACLE HAVE MORE OPPORTUNITIES IN TOP COMPANIES...
25th August 2011, 11:08 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

1)PHP
2)JAVA
3).NET
4)Coldfusion
Java is the best option for you and it will give you so many option for jab.There is nothing to worry about yuor future.
If you have knowledge about C language than you can easily learn java language.
Java is a easy,robust,secure,portable language.Java also have a property called platform independent.Thats wys its very used now a days in market.
If you are not good in programming then do practice regularly.its very good for you to learn about language.
Java have so much scope and reqirement.
So you can choose java language for your future preference.

All the best
12th September 2011, 10:35 AM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend...

you have a large gap between your study and the job. this will effect your career.

you are perfect in the java and the php.net. so you can choose these courses in the field of the IT.

java and c++ languages are the best language in the world, you can make your future, java is a portable language. int it is also a robust language.

best of luck.
15th September 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my mca and want to go in SAP but i am confused which module is benefited for me ABAP/BASIS/ANY OTHER , Depend on salary ,depend on future.....
20th September 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

hi all friends
i am 40 years old. i have tuition classes. in 2006 i have started mca and completed in 2011
i am very confused about go for a programming job as a fresher can i get a job?
and is it possible for me to get progress in it field?
27th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i am a MCA student, my programming is average. m confused as which language i should go for- .net/php/java or anything else. plz suggest... its urgent
28th September 2011, 11:02 AM
hrushi614

hi friend,

java, .net, php all are good programming languages and have good oppertuenity to get a job.

First is your interset on which platform you want work.

java is difficult than .net and php but jave has ever green platform
1st October 2011, 02:06 AM
@rnab_dasgupta

Dear friend ,

For a programming beginner JAVA or .NET would be a good choice to start with as there is a huge demand for programmer in JAVA and .NET in many MNC's . MNC's like TCS,CTS,WIPRO,ACCENTURE,IBM has a huge amount of projects under them that are based on JAVA and .NET.

So you can decide to chose one among them and can start to have a good knowledge and command over the language,so that it will help you in your professional life...

Best of luck...
20th October 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I had completed M.A.in English .then I had done B.ed but Im not interested in teaching so I want to ask u can I go for computer languages. I m interested in computers so i want to do some computer course for high paying job what type of courses i do in computer languages or software programming.My srream is arts thsts why i ask can I do computers Is it tuff for me.By these language courses sure we get job .
10th December 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

hiii fnds.....iam a final btech student(cse)....and i have 3 months time to do main project along 3 semister subjects......so hardly i have 2months to do project iam very confusing ....with in 2 months how to learn programing language and how to do my project in my own way ....is it possible????...and iam very confused to take the which platform for main project .....plsss tell me which platform is better for my project java,.net,php......is it possible to do my project in my own way???
24th December 2011, 06:41 AM
Unregistered

while chosing other than mnc's what are the necessary precations?
salary,platform,bond of agreement,security deposite money
13th February 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech pursuing student.i am thinking of oracle9id2k .did it is sufficient to get me a good job
21st February 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i am an MCA, i have good knowledge of basic programming languages like C,c ,and some other programming languages, but i can not say that i am master of any of them. Now i want to master at least one programming language so that i can secure a job. But i am short of time, because i work as a computer teacher. i can not attend an institute to learn that, so i want to learn by self-study. which language should i learn, so that i can learn it easily at home and learn it fast because i am already 26. please recommend me the books which i should study. thank you
15th March 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

hi frnd,s my age is 22
m just finsd my .net course after 12th now what can i do for a good job pls sugest mee.. :)
10th May 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

Quote:

1)PHP
2)JAVA
3).NET
4)Coldfusion

You have choose any ?
10th May 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: JAVA, PHP or .NET: Best for a programming beginner for good jobs in MNCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
there are different company work on different project. some company may work on only PHP whereas some company work on .NET again some company may work on JAVA.

at this age i will say you that if you have any type of job experience then try to work with that experience. don't need to go for any training. whatever you know at this time utilize that and try to get a job.

but if you really want to do any course then i will suggest you to do JAVA. because JAVA is a object oriented computer language. this is a very much popular language and so many company works on it. also after C it will be much easy to learn JAVA. so your first preference should be JAVA.

so many company also work on PHP and .NET so you may learn this course also. but it's not possible to learn each and every language. i think after JAVA you will be eligible for most of the company. now if any other course is required then that will be done on training so no need to do from any institution.

so just first try to get job from your experience if not possible then go for training on computer courses. if you go for computer courses then obviously do from a good and popular institution like NIIT.

best wishes.
If now i am doing a job but it is not good so what will i do????
14th May 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i have just given s.y. msc.i.t. exam,and now i have to choose one language for project so can you please suggest me which is best language to choose java or php people are saying that .net is dull in market so please suggest me best option i m very confused..
22nd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

I am completed my 3 year in b.tech but i confused to choose programming language JAVA AND PHP senior told that if u have any source or strong reference in compinies than choose java other wise php is better and has advantage to work on php language at home also.
so i am confused to choose better one .
5th June 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

how much companies are available in market for .net in comparison to java?
5th June 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

how much companies are available in market for .net in comparison to java?
7th June 2012, 09:19 PM
asatish2312
Junior Member+

Java is best as now the java market is going good

To get a good job in MNC firstly u should get a good score in ocjp(oracle certified java programmer)

OCJP is conducted by oracle earlier it is conducted by sun micro systems .
If u score good % in java certification exam u may get a good job
8th June 2012, 10:32 AM
tl.com

hello friend,

best wishes.
thank you
20th July 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Please anyone tell the suggestions because i got job java and networking so i knew java basis so please tell
27th July 2012, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Hello i just completed my btech(ece). Can anyone suggest me which one is best java/.net i'm totally confused to take my intial step plz all of u give me ur valuble suggestions....plz...
12th August 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

i finished BE(CSE) in 2012. i am interested in PHP and java. which one is easy to learn and which course is easy to get in MNC companys ?
15th August 2012, 08:12 PM
manu3

best wishes.
thank you

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/java-php-net-best-programming-beginner-good-jobs-mncs-189991.html#ixzz23cdKEgAm
15th August 2012, 08:16 PM
manu3

Dear friend ,

For a programming beginner JAVA or .NET would be a good choice to start with as there is a huge demand for programmer in JAVA and .NET in many MNC's . MNC's like TCS,CTS,WIPRO,ACCENTURE,IBM has a huge amount of projects under them that are based on JAVA and .NET.

So you can decide to chose one among them and can start to have a good knowledge and command over the language,so that it will help you in your professional life...

Best of luck...

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/java-php-net-best-programming-beginner-good-jobs-mncs-189991.html#ixzz23ceFQrff
15th August 2012, 08:17 PM
manu3

Dear friend ,

Best of luck...

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/java-php-net-best-programming-beginner-good-jobs-mncs-189991.html#ixzz23ceFQrff
5th September 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
which programming language is easy to learn??
10th October 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

hello,
I have completed my BE in ECE and thinking to do a course. I'm interested in networking but the thing is its costlier so i cant afford so much. I have decided to do course based on java or .net or software testing. But can anyone suggest me which can i take up to start up my career... Imp thing is I know very less or nothing related to C and C
17th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

i have 5 options 1.ASP 2.PHP 3.JSP 4..NET 5.JAVA,
15th December 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

HOW FAR MUST I LEARN JAVA AS A FRESHER?
ONLY CORE/CORE ADVANCED?
PLS SUGGEST!!!!!!!!
4th February 2013, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SCOPE FOR PHP LANGUAGE IN MARKET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?