31st January 2012, 07:47 PM
swati_forum

Default Re: How to develop fluency in English?

Once students have a basic vocabulary and can understand and follow a simple conversation, it is time to increase their knowledge of words as well as their fluency.
Just learning words and grammar from dictionaries and textbooks is not enough as language is living and needs to be used to be understood.
The first step once a student has basic skills is to introduce English movies with chinese subtitles so the students can understand the story while they try to listen for words they know and also follow movie sessions with discussions on the movies.
31st January 2012, 10:58 PM
pragati kashyap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmilauk View Post
hi,
i want to develop my fluency.pl.give me some tips so that I can develop my fluency.
yes you can develop your english skill through reading english news paper on daily basis but yes good english will also help you.try to hear it and try to recall and repeat the lines as in movie.yes there is an interesting way also keep toffee or marble in your mouth and try to speak then you will surely learn in a manner as foreigner do.
31st January 2012, 11:43 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

To improve English skill then you follow some rules and regulation
that is easy to learn English:-

Improve your Learning Skills

Learning is a skill and it can be improved.

Your path to learning effectively is through knowing

yourself
your capacity to learn
processes you have successfully used in the past
your interest, and knowledge of what you wish to learn
1st February 2012, 10:26 AM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: How to develop fluency in English?

Quote:
hi,
i want to develop my fluency.pl.give me some tips so that I can develop my fluency.
Basic skill to build your confidence is to join any spoken english classes.

Its not necessary to join but its essential for your confidence.

There you can speak openly because there will be lot of people are joined for learning.

You will get more people around your circumstance who are also facing the problem which is yours.

Reading different kinds of books and reading which is your kind of books also helps to improve your vocabulory.

Watching regulary news and not only news and also watching some good programs and english movies which helps to learn english.

While watching any programs keep always a book and pen with you because whenever you found any difficult words you note down and afterwards you see the meaning of the word and construct different kinds of sentence from that word and it will make you clear the complete meaning with memorisation.
1st February 2012, 10:37 AM
adlsm

worthful tips :
read new paper daily
watch BBC news channel atleast an hour a day
go through dictionaries
study the phonetic rules from a wel known english grammar book

regards .
9th February 2012, 03:18 AM
prince222

u should make a habit of reading newspaperr, magazines . moreover there is a very well known method to improve english speaking is that u should learn some idioms and phrase and speak them loudly while using thems in sentences ,in this way balance is established between ur speech and hearing . Try this regularly .
9th February 2012, 08:27 PM
pragati kashyap

Talking Re: How to develop fluency in English?

Quote:
hi,
As english is becoming a important part of everyone's life so its good that you want to put effort to learn it.Some tips for you to get fluency in english are-
1)Read daily english newspaper.
2)Atleast learn 5 dictionary words daily and try to use it in your daily life.
3)Read english novels
4)Watch english news for good reception and understanding of language.
5)Try to remove hesitation and take your family support.
6)You can speak in front of your family members.
These practice will surely help you to develop fluency in english.
All the best.
29th March 2012, 10:21 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

basic vocabulary and can understand and follow a simple conversation, it is time to increase their knowledge of words as well as their fluency.
Just learning words and grammar from dictionaries and textbooks is not enough as language is living and needs to be used to be understood.
The first step once a student has basic skills is to introduce English movies with chinese subtitles so the students can understand the story while they try to listen for words they know and also follow movie sessions with discussions on the movies.
16th April 2012, 02:12 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: How to develop fluency in English?

Once students have a basic vocabulary and can understand and follow a simple conversation, it is time to increase their knowledge of words as well as their fluency.
16th April 2012, 03:39 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

you can surely try reading newspapers on daily basis and wach out words from dictonary and can checkout wnglish news and tr and speak as much as you can with people then only you wil be able to hold command over the language. wish you luck and all the best keep practising
13th October 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I am reading a page everyday from the book on English grammar by Cambridge University. This has helped me improve in my English. This might be an additional exercise along with other things suggested by friends above that might help anyone trying to develop their English.
13th October 2012, 01:46 PM
joarku

I have been reading a page everyday from the grammar book by Cambridge University. This has helped me improve my English. I suggest along with the suggestions given by our friends above, this could be tried by anyone interested in developing their English.

All the best
14th October 2012, 09:16 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Knowledge in English language can be improved by increasing your reading habit. You need to read newspaper on a regular basis which will help to improve your vocabulary and comprehension skills.

You need to note down the new words which you are sure off and study meanings for that by referring dictionary.

To improve this area you can frame your own topics and write your views on that.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arihant-general-english-for-bank-po.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	120496  
Attached Images

15th October 2012, 04:02 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear

keep practicing and watch English news always and try learning and remembering 2 words daily from dictionary.
you can surely try reading newspapers on daily basis and watch out words from dictionary and can checkout English news and tr and speak as much as you can with people then only you will be able to hold command over the language. wish you luck and all the best keep practicing
5th December 2012, 03:48 PM
ashis.career

To be fluent in conversing in English, you mind needs to be tuned to the fluent ways for speaking.

Simple. First you need to hear the fluency. By this i mean that you need to hear a lot of conversations which are fluent. What is the simplest way of doing this? Movies. Songs. News.

Watch a lot of English movies. Preferably with subtitles so that you can identify the words well.
Hear some English songs. A lot actually. I would suggest you to hear pop songs as they are easy to understand. Following the song with the lyrics in front of you will be even better.

If your interested in news, watch CNN or CNBC or NDTV. Their accent is good.

Finally, practice speaking in English in your day to day conversations. Don't be discouraged by making mistakes. It takes time. But with interest, the process is easy.

All The Best!!!

ASHIS
5th December 2012, 10:57 PM
LUCKY 4

HELLO FRIEND.........

To be fluent in conversing in English, you mind needs to be tuned to the fluent ways for speaking.

First you need to hear the fluency. By this i mean that you need to hear a lot of conversations which are fluent. What is the simplest way of doing this? Movies. Songs. News.
Watch a lot of English movies. Preferably with subtitles so that you can identify the words well.

Hear some English songs. A lot actually.

I would suggest you to hear pop songs as they are easy to understand. Following the song with the lyrics in front of you will be even better.

If your interested in news, watch CNN or CNBC or NDTV. Their accent is good.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!()()()
7th February 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

hi dear
first of all i am also not fluency in English. i felt shy to speak English.then day by day to improve my skill by following steps.

every day you must read English news paper. i suggest this is the best way to improve English skill.you can learn many English words.and in front of mirror you speak in English to your self.that will help you. if you follow these things regularly then you will be better improvement in English.
13th September 2013, 11:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend

To develop your fluency in english you need to communicate with your friends and parents in english,ten you can know the grammatical mistakes and you can recover them.

To develop the fluency in english,it is best to read the english newspaper regularly so that you will come across new words and you can know the meaning of that new words
by searching in the dictionary.

There are many institutes and spoken english classes which gives the coaching for the students to develop their fluency in english.

And read the Novels and Magazines,then you will get some doubts about the new words and you can clarify them by consulting anyone or dictionary,so that you can develop your fluency in english.

All The Best
15th September 2013, 02:57 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

In present scenario, without having good communication skills, it is very difficult for the candidates to get good job opportunities in reputed organizations.

To be strong enough in communication skills, one should have good fluency in English.

If the candidates is having good subject knowledge and being unable to express the same because of lack of fluency in English, then there will be no use of that subject knowledge.

To improve fluency in English, I suggest you to speak in English every time and in every possible situation with friends, relatives and teachers and with all the known persons and request them to let you know the mistakes and feed back of that conversation.

Make sure that you will not repeat such kind of mistakes again.

Watch English news channels and read English news papers and collect the words for which you don't know meaning.

Know the meaning for the same and use those words in your regular conversations.

Most importantly, have a look over the framing of sentences in the news papers and in conversation with others. Try to practice the same. Try to frame sentences yourself by assuming several examples.

best of luck....................
6th January 2014, 03:58 PM
logannharveyy45

Quote:
hi,
Read your interesting comics in English
Read your interesting news in English.
Talk yourself in front of mirror.
try these these tips help you
7th January 2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
hi,
you should clear your vocublary
and speak english with your friends and family members
this will help u devlop your confidence to speak english
and slowly slowly you translate fluency sentence.
all the best
9th January 2014, 11:07 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

In current scenario, having fluency in English should be mandatory for the candidates to get better job opportunities.

Why because English is being used in many locations throughout India. If you want to communicate with others in English, you should have proficiency in English.

Even though you are having good subject knowledge and if you are not able to communicate the same to others, then the other person could not receive it in the right way which will generate bias.

If you tell one thing and other person understands it in another way, then that will lead to so many problems.

So, before getting job you should get fluency in English.

For this to happen, my guidelines will be
-First try to learn fundamentals in Grammar through which you will be perfect in framing sentences.
-Then concentrate more on Vocabulary and whatever the words that you learn, try to use them in your sentences.
-Every time and anytime, in all your regular conversations with friends and Teachers, try to speak in English only.
-After the conversations were over, try to get the feedback from them, know the areas where you have committed errors and make sure that you should not repeat the same next time.
-Finally concentrate on voice and accent.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?