25th July 2016, 11:50 AM
Summaiya khan

Whether fluent English is necessary to become an Air Hostess?

I have completed my Graduation. but I can't talk in English properly. My aim is to become an Air Hostess. But for Air Hostess, I came to know that fluency in English requires. Kindly tell me it is necessary or not? Waiting for your reply.

26th July 2016, 03:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether fluent English is necessary to become an Air Hostess?

Yes, in order to get a job of Air Hostess, one should be very well versed in English and should be very fluent in it. Therefore, your English should be quite good to stand a good chance to avail the job of an Air Hostess.

So, if you are well versed with English subject, it is okay and if not, then I suggest you to improve your English by getting admission in any coaching Institute.
26th July 2016, 01:26 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summaiya khan View Post
I have completed my Graduation. but I can't talk in English properly. My aim is to become an Air Hostess. But for Air Hostess, I came to know that fluency in English requires. Kindly tell me it is necessary or not? Waiting for your reply.

Yes, fluency in English is necessary to become an Air Hostess. The candidate needs some more requirements also apart from fluency in English. In India the minimum age limit to become an Air Hostess is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years. The candidate should have studied 10+2 or graduates in any discipline to apply for the post of Air Hostess. They must possess a valid passport, the height should be 157 cm, eyesight should be normal vision & swimming is mandatory for air hostess. An Air Hostess must have a good command over English language. So go for English classes and improve your spoken English skills to become an Air Hostess.
26th July 2016, 02:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is necessary to have good command over English language to become an Air Hostess.

Eligibility criteria required to become Air Hostess are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed 10+2/ equivalent or Graduation in any discipline to become eligible for the Air hostess training.

-The candidate who have completed diploma/ degree in Hotel Management or tourism management get preferences.

-The age limit to apply is from 19 years to 27 years as specified by airlines.

-The candidate who wishes to become Air Hostess must posses a passport.

-The candidate should be unmarried and have good health and fair complexion,etc.

-Air hostess must have quality diction, good pace, proper pitch and be enthusiastic in speech so that listeners can easily understand all the spoken words.

-The candidate must have a good command over English language.

Selection of candidate is made through an initial screening followed by a written test, group discussion and personal interviews. The qualified candidates are put through necessary training in relevant procedures.

Physical Requirements :

Height :

For female candidate : 157.5 cms and

For male candidate : 163 cms.

Weight : in proportionate with height.

Eyesight : 6/24 in each eye.Correctable to at least 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other eye.
26th July 2016, 03:03 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes,English is mandatory to become Air Hostess. If you give interview for this you will be asked questions in English only. The reason being while travelling in plane you will find many foreign passengers they do not know Hindi. Even Indians will speak to you in English only. Apart from that when you land to foreign country, at their Airport will have to speak in English only for anything. So, better to improve your English then apply for Air Hostess.
23rd April 2019, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I am student doing MA in English.. my spoken English is not so good.. i want to be an air-hostess, its my dream.. can i do it with knowing Hindi and Bengali?
9th July 2019, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I am very interested in this job but my English is perfect so what do
19th April 2021, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

If I don't know how to speak fluent english .. But u guys train me right when my training began Or it's compulsory in interview to speak fluent english...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?