3rd November 2012, 04:28 PM
Shubhendra kumar

How to start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech ECE

sir,i am doing my btech ECE 3rd year,i want to start preparation for gate exam from now onwards ,i would like to know the topic wise marks weightage and pattern of the exam.so please send me the required details.

20th November 2012, 08:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech ECE

GATE exam preparations can be started by collected the required syllabus. Technical subjects as well as engineering mathematics will be there in the syllabus. Exam preparation can be made with the aid of reference books or by getting trained under coaching centers. Section wise cut off for GATE may vary with reservation category and stream of selection. Such decisions are made by IIT and details can be collected from GATE portal.
29th December 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

iam pursuing my b tech 1st year ece in adithya engineering college,surampalem.i did not have minimum basic knowledge in physics and no fluency in english. iam a mugging student. what could i want to do for getting entrance in iit through gate score.can i develop my knowledge in 4 years engineering.please reply to me sir
1st January 2014, 10:40 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Yes. It is the right time for you to start preparation for GATE Exam. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is being conducted once in a year in order to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course.

GATE Exam eligibility criteria has slightly changed.

Earlier the candidates who are pursuing pre-final year and final year of Engineering are eligible to attempt GATE Exam but now only the candidates who are pursuing pre-final year of Engineering are eligble.

There is no upper age limit required for the candidates to join this course.

In addition, there is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam.

As per the topic wise weightage, almost every year there is fixed weightage for many of the topics in
English
Aptitude
Maths
Only in technical subject, slightly the weightage will change.

Better you can go through previous year papers to get complete understanding on weightage.

My suggestion for you would be to start your preparation for GATE Exam by joining in a coaching institute.

They will provide you in depth guidance regarding
-topic wise weightage
-better plan to prepare for the exam
-tips to score more in GATE Exam
-information regarding college
-time management skills etc.

Have good preparation for this exam and attend for this exam in the next year itself.

The validity of GATE score is 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the best GATE score to get admission for M.Tech course.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?