22nd November 2011, 10:53 AM
Madura90

How to improve Fluency in English?

i completed BE(cse) i can type in english but i cnt speak fluently in english give me some ideas

22nd November 2011, 12:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to improve Fluency in English?

In present scenario, without having good communication skills, it is very difficult for the candidates to get good job opportunities in reputed organizations.

To be strong enough in communication skills, one should have good fluency in English.

If the candidates is having good subject knowledge and being unable to express the same because of lack of fluency in English, then there will be no use of that subject knowledge.

To improve fluency in English, I suggest you to speak in English every time and in every possible situation with friends, relatives and teachers and with all the known persons and request them to let you know the mistakes and feed back of that conversation.

Make sure that you will not repeat such kind of mistakes again.

Watch English news channels and read English news papers and collect the words for which you don't know meaning.

Know the meaning for the same and use those words in your regular conversations.

Most importantly, have a look over the framing of sentences in the news papers and in conversation with others. Try to practice the same. Try to frame sentences yourself by assuming several examples.
22nd November 2011, 12:42 PM
vidhimehta20

Dear All

Today, effective communication skills has become a predominant factor even while recruiting employees. While interviewing candidates, most interviewers judge them on the basis of the way they communicate. They believe that skills can be improvised on the job; but ability to communicate well is important, as every employee becomes the representing face of the company.

First of all person should have the complete knowledge of Tenses. if a person wants fluency in english there are few steps which a person should follow:-

1.Most important, make an effort to speak in English to your friends and family.
2. While reading a Book,Newspaper,Magazine underline all the words you do not know.Make a list of these words, Look them up in the dictionary
and make sure you use at least five of them in a conversation during the day.
3.It's important to use a natural rhythm when speaking English, but if you speak too fast it will be difficult for people to understand you.
4.Listen to the English Newspapers.
5.Watch English Movies

After following all these steps you will find yourself improving day by day. All the Very Best.
22nd November 2011, 12:52 PM
Jenittarajashree

Thumbs up Re: How to improve Fluency in English?

Follow the steps given below:

Step 1: Word Power (Vocab) is a must

Step2: Read - Read - Read

Step3: Start thinking in English (it will make you more fluent)

Step 4: If anyone is talking in English, firstly pay good attention and try to learn that how that person is putting his thoughts into words

Step 5: Visualise that you are being interviewed by some one

Step 6: Choose a topic and discuss with friends

Its definitely a slow process but sure shot way to increase your fluency.
22nd November 2011, 01:59 PM
vivekdr4444

best way is watch a lot of english movies and read a lot of novels.. may be sidney sheldon, john grisham. in few months it will improve your english. but the main thing is you need to speak in english all the time...
bottom line
practise makes perfect.
22nd November 2011, 07:19 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
In present era English is become a very important language in communication field..

As most of our Indian giant companies are deals with foreign companies , then one have to be good in speaking English to get a job in those companies..

So, try to be good in English speaking..

For that you have to follow some steps..

1.Read English newspaper.
2.Point out the unknown words from the newspaper..
3.find the meaning of those words and try to make sentence with those words.
4.Listen English songs, watch english movies..
5.Try speak in English in front of your friends.. This will give you confidence.

So, go for this steps..
Language is not a barrier my friend, if you have the interest and courage to learn something then you can definitely learn that out.

All the best.
22nd November 2011, 09:07 PM
devesh2812

First, listen! You don't need phrases as much as you need to listen to people talk. Hear the rhythm, the inflections, the unpronounced letters and syllables. (Example: Don't say Wed-nez-day for Wednesday; we pronounce it Wenz-day.)

Then, repeat! Practice when you're alone, or under your breath or even just in your head. But saying things out loud is crucial because your mouth needs to learn to move the same way ours do.
11th December 2011, 09:45 AM
mrenita

5 mantras (FLUENCY IN ENGLISH)

>>>Don't study Grammar too much

>>>Try to learn Phrases

>>>Reading and listening is NOT enough . Speaking What you hear is IMPORTANT

>>>Submerge Yourself to a language

>>>Visit Fluency in 'ENGLISH FORUMS'
30th January 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I can read and write in english and also i can understand when our friends speaking in english but i cant replay for that in english fluently
5th February 2012, 12:06 PM
PRADIP PAUL

you can improve your english fluency if you follow the followings:
1.read dictionary to improve your word stock.
2.read story book to see the use of different word.
3.try to learn phrase.
4.try to talking in english on any common topic.
4.try to debate in english on any topic with your friend.
5.read news paper and try to understand the meanings to improve your english knowledge.
6.if anyone talking in english then you listen that and try to understand that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?