3rd September 2017, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

If I have got good marks in 12th board exam but wanted To get more marks in 12th board and giving exam from nios again is it right or not?
5th November 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

I am currently in class 11 and took PCM. Later I decided to go for IAS. I am surely scoring good in PCM but now my dream is IAS. I wanted to ask which degree should I take for IAS after 12th
12th May 2018, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir. Now I am studying 12th biology student and after 12th what should I do become a IAS officer. What degree suitable for me,Sir.
Please reply sir
9th February 2019, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have completed my M.A., B. Ed with English subject, so can you tell me now what I do?, I want to become an IAS officer
15th March 2019, 08:11 AM
Meg24

There is no specific degree which will help you WID a job in the prestigious Civil service exam.
The official website only mentions the following criteria:
The candidate should have completed the degree from a recognised Indian University.
He /she should be above the age of 21.

So look there is not a degree or graduation stream mentioned in the official notification.
So I suggest you to pursue the subjects of your interest and if you just want to select subjects based on Upsc preparation,I suggest you to go for humanities stream as the subjects will help you for Upsc.
30th March 2019, 09:53 PM
Quikri

Ias candidates are recruited through UPSC , which conducts the civil service exam annually.

The official Upsc website only mentions that a candidate having completed graduation from a recognised Indian University.
Also the candidate should be above the age of 21 years.
So as you have completed your 12th with commerce , you can go.for C.A as it is a very good option as being with the economics background ,it will be very helpful for you in cracking Upsc..
Also if you don't clear Upsc ,being a C.A you can surely get a job else where.
16th August 2019, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 10, home science. Can I become IAS without maths.
26th January 2020, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

I am an inter 2nd year student ..how can i start my ias preparation from btech 1st year
28th January 2020, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

IAS eligibility criteria:

It does not really matters which stream you belong to as they just look for graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

At the most you can attempt for four times.
19th June 2020, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir please say any fee reimbursement for ias coaching after 10th class for sc candidates
17th August 2020, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a BA History student. This degree is eligible to IAs
19th August 2020, 10:59 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Which degree will suit best for IAS? I want to become an IAS officer

A Graduation Degree in any discipline of education in which one is easily and comfortably passed, is sufficient to be eligible for IAS. To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year

You can do BA in sociology,economics,political science etc,these are optional subjects available in UPSC, which can benificial for preparation in UPSC and you can score very well in those subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?