2nd March 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

hi,sir iam now studying class8 ,iam very interested in iit.so pls give me information about my reading hours, books i should prefer..............etc

Related Questions:
  1. How to get good rank in IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the scope for electronics diploma?
  3. Exams to answer to get into Space Engineering?
  4. Can I apply for IIT JEE counseling after scoring 13030 in IIT JEE? List of universities/colleges which I can get?
  5. How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?
  6. How much to score in IIT JEE so as to get a seat in Aerospace Engineering? In which colleges can I get admission after scoring below 9k rank in IIT JEE?
  7. How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?
  8. How should we get a good rank in IIT JEE? Is junior or senior intermediate course for IIT important? Can I get a rank by learning for IIT in 2nd year?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after scoring 87% in 12th class?
  10. Which are the good books to crack IIT JEE?
  11. Which branch and IIT colleges can I get after scoring 7141 rank in IIT JEE?
  12. If I score good marks in IIT JEE will I get admission in IIMS and MERI?
  13. Cutoff rank required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT through Education Loan? List of Bank offering Education Loan? -- [New]
  14. In which stream I will get admission at IIT-Bombay if secured 2359 rank in JEE Advanced?
  15. What should I do to crack IIT JEE under 1500 rank?
  16. In which college can I get admission if scored 181 in JEE Main?
  17. Is Aeronautical engineering from Manipal university, recognized by AICTE or UGC?
  18. How to get top 100-500th rank in IIT JEE?
5th March 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

The students who get under 2000 or 1000 in jee are the real meritorious ones ..... i am giving fiitjee's all india test series and i hv been predicted for a rank between 3000 and 6000.........how to get under 2000 ?????????
26th March 2011, 01:12 AM
rocking_indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen1992 View Post
just 2 months left for my 12th boards i want to get gud rank in iit jee 2010 in what way i shud do preparation?
It is just the right time to give your ultimate effort in studies
be confident
solve as many problems as possible
solve iit mock test papers in given time
28th March 2011, 03:30 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,sir iam now studying class8 ,iam very interested in iit.so pls give me information about my reading hours, books i should prefer..............etc
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR IIT

It's really great to see your interest in IIT, to prepare for IIT you can either do it on your own or carry on with some coaching centres, if you are a type of student where you can learn by your own then its well and good you can prepare by referring some good books, if you feel that you can't manage your time well to prepare for IIT then coaching centres are the better option..

-> READING HOURS : Regarding preparing hours for IIT, select the best time where you feel like studying.. am sure you will reach home from school by maximum 4 or 5, then you will spend some time with TV or games, and then your home works so better plan a time where you are not distracted with any other work, it can be either in morning or night time. Try to prefer early morning time where you can study without any distractions..

-> BOOKS FOR IIT : There are N number of books in the market which offers for preparation for IIT.. some of the recommended books for your class are as follows....

IIT Foundations - Mathematics Class 8
Price - Rs. 361
To buy Online CLICK HERE!!!

IIT Foundations - Physics Class 8
Price - Rs. 276

IIT Foundations - Chemistry Class 8
Price - Rs. 198

IIT Master 2011
Price - Rs. 315

Enjoy IIT-JEE
Price - Rs. 451

hope the info. helps
13th May 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

sir,is it possible to prepare for IIT online for free? Which are the websites that I can depend as Iam studying in std '8'
25th May 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

can we complete iit preparation in one year???
26th May 2011, 11:31 PM
npngpt

My Friend the key to crack iit jee is in your hands.well planned study with dedication and concentration.
1st June 2011, 01:27 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

you practice sample sets ....
and join some all india test series ...
remember one mantra' practice makes man perfect'
concentrate your study ,,
forget about world ..

Thanks
16th June 2011, 01:17 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well there are some ingredients for success

good teachers

good Books

full devoution

hard work

a cool and calm mind

good competition to foster competitive spirit

also talent

and at last some luck
20th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Anji :Iam studying in APIIIT,RK VALLEY(Idupulapaya),Dist:Kadapa.I have 9 months time,I want to prepare for IIT-JEE 2012 ,How should I prepare ? I have Study meterial (Tatamegrath Hill's) .can you say the way to get good rank in IIT-JEE ?
21st June 2011, 07:47 PM
rupi

Quote:
just 2 months left for my 12th boards i want to get gud rank in iit jee 2010 in what way i shud do preparation?
First complete a topic from school text book. Then you do that topic from your reference book and then give ample mock tests. By doing this i'm sure that you will not only pass in 12th with good marks but also will crack iit jee.
23rd June 2011, 11:12 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
you should do preparation with conceptual knowledge.
29th June 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

How to get good rank in IIT-JEE?
29th June 2011, 08:32 PM
littleheart09

what subjects?
lock yourself in a room - 12 hours non stop.
all the best
30th June 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

i have got 9 months for JEE 2012, out of which i plan to devote the last three months for revision.
Till date i hadn't planned for JEE, i was going only for CET and AIEEE..
Is it feasible for me to crack JEE ? What all i have to do? And for how much hours in a day i have to study?
3rd July 2011, 03:17 AM
siddharthkathuria

Talking Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

HOW TO GET GOOD RANK IN IITJEE???

few steps to be followed may ensure a good rank for you in IITJEE:

#DEDICATION:the first and the foremost step to your success in JEE is dedication.If it is in you,NOBODY CAN STOP YOU.

#HARD WORKING NATURE: only if you consider yourself of hardworking nature,prepare for IIT.it is not a cake walk.

#EXERCISES:a routine should be set up for you in which you have to get up early and do yoga for 15-20 mins or some exercises.they will be beneficial as health is a very important factor as far as time is considered.

#MORNING STUDIES:though,most of us youngsters(including me) prefer to sleep till late night and then get up late.but it is less beneficial for our mind as it doesn't grasp that much knowledge after getting tired from various jobs in the daytime at night.hence,morning studies should be preferred.

#COACHING INSTITUTE:a good coaching institute is must for preparation as you will have a healthy competition beforehand and also yo will learn certain tips and tricks to tackle the examination.

#GROUP STUDIES: prefer studying in groups but in an intelligent way that saves your time and not waste it.

#TEST SERIES:most of the leading coaching institutes offer a program of test series just about few months from exam.do apply and attend all exams.this will create an environment of exam.

#BOOKS TO BE REFERRED:
start with NCERT in all the three subjects and then:
maths=> A.DAS GUPTA(subjective)/M.L.KHANNA.
chemistry=>O.P.TONDON(inorganic+physical),J.D.LEE( inorganic), SOLOMONS(organic).
physics=>H.C.VERMA,I.E.IRODOV.

also make sure you have ARIHANT'S series of previous year's IIT papers of all subjects.

BEST OF LUCK!!
9th July 2011, 08:38 PM
hardeep002

Smile Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

u should revise all sub.basic first and read notes of any coaching centre.
thank you
12th July 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

if i go to a college n prepare for 2nd attempt of iit jee,then how to prepare well for jee and also perform very well in my college semester exams????
13th July 2011, 10:52 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

you should do hard work for it.
there is no a magic way.
make a roution and follow them fully honestly.
good luck.
21st July 2011, 01:57 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
just do a lot of hard work and try out to solve sample papers now
and if good so read arihant books .his books are in very simple language and understandable....
best of luck....
30th July 2011, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Books for IITJEE
13th August 2011, 09:37 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

nothing other then hard work will pay for you at this time.studing hours for it is not neccessary for cracking IITJEE but studing systematically is requider for it.

go throughly through cbse syllabus of plus2.
do books like:
1.h.c.verma
2.m.l.khanna
3.ncert books
4.arihant
rest leave on almighty.
best of luck
14th August 2011, 12:26 AM
ammajii

Hi dear,
there are some things which if you follow will improve your ranking and score,like:

1)brush up the topics which you know

2)practice lots of questions

3)dont try to touch new topics and chapters.

4)and keep your mind cool

Thanks
22nd August 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i got 56 marks in iit jee i didn't studied well previous year.now i really wanna iit rank .i wanna go to lng term so please send me u'r advise or suggestion
1st September 2011, 04:41 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

as two months are left to iit-jee, keep solving problems on the concepts which you have

studied , don't go for new concepts..

all the best for jee
27th October 2011, 06:46 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friend....in order to get good rank in iit-jee you have to be conceptually very strong...you should have full grip over all concepts....you should completely revise the NCERT books....this helps you to secure good rank in iit-jee..........
30th October 2011, 01:43 AM
abhi34549

Question Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

should we write iit exam after 10 or wat?????????
plz help
31st October 2011, 11:38 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE then here are some books for you...
You can go through these books...

1st November 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I am myself a passed student from IITD nice to see online forums..
My rank was however not good..
1) start from class 8 onwards..don't be tensed up to study..
2) you cant pass if you have no interest in science..sorry for that
..especially nowadays..since only 2 attempts can be made
3) start from concepts..they can make you feel interested..i have seen many guys doing poorly in science uptill class 10 ..but doing brilliantly in class 12..and even passing JEE..
4) start with HC VERMA for physics...its clean , simple , and easy ...don't go for other books.. you will simply waste time ..untill and unless concepts are cleared..infact i started with HC VERMA.. and didnt look into other books..and yet started solving some problems from ERODOV myself..so stronger were my concepts..READ the tips and question ..not only the numericals ..they build greater insights..
5) chemistry , maths forgotten the name..
3rd November 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Work hard, have patience and confidence that u can WIN till the last bit of moment.That's the mantra toIIT!
13th November 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

what are the books i should practice in 9th standard to do iit
13th November 2011, 06:49 PM
Abhishek1Ponnaganti

Question Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

Even though i know what you told i could not cotroll myself in weekend exam.iam thinking that if answer is wrong only 1mark oterwise icould get 3marks.what is the solution?
27th December 2011, 08:23 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

Quote:

WHAT IS IIT JEE?

IIT JEE STANDS FOR INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.THIS EXAM IS CONDUCTED TO STUDENTS TO ENTER THE COLLEGE OF THE 15 IIT’s IN INDIA.IIT JEE IS ONE OF THE DIFFICULT EXAMS TO CRACK BUT IF PROPER TRAINING IS DONE THEN IT IS VERY EASY TO CRACK THE EXAM.THERE ARE 15 IITs IN CITIES LIKE CHENNAI,BOMBAY,DELHI,INDORE ETC..THE EXAMIS CONDUCTED IN TWO MODES i)OFFLINE EXAMS
ii)ONLINE EXAMS

IIT JEE 2012 QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY

THE CANDIDATES WHO BELONG TO GENRERAL CATEGORY(GE) AND OTHER BACKWARD COMMUNITY (OBC)SHOUL BE BELOW THE AGE OF 25 YEARS.FOR SC AND ST COMMUNITY THE AGE LIMIT IS Y=UPTO 30 YEARS OF AGE.THE CANDIDATED MUST HAVE COMPLETED THEIR HIGHER SECONDARY EXAM OF ANY BOARD AND MUST HAVE PASSED WITH 60 % FOR GENERAL CATEGORY AND OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES .BUT TO SC AND ST AND PD CANDIDATES THE PASS MINIMUM MARKS IS 55%.A CANDIDATE COMPLETED DIPLOMA MUST HAVE GOT THE CERTIFICATE FROM AICTE OR FROM STATE BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION.

NUMBER OF JEE ATTEMPTS
THE NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS THE CANDIDATE CAN IS TWO TIMES IN CONSECUTIVE YEARS.THOSE WHO APPEARED IN JEE 2010 NOT ELIGIBLE TO WRITE THE 2012 IIT JEE EXAM.THE IIT JEE APPLICANTS ARE CANCELLED IF SHE OR HE DOES NOT SUBMIT THE FORM ALONG WITH ORGINAL DOCEMENTS ON OR BEFORE OF DECMEBER 15 ,2011.

DATE OF EXAMS AND OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
OCTOBER 31 IS STARTING OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS ANDDECEMBER 10 IS CLOSING OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS.NOVEMBER 1IS THE STARTING OF OFFLINE APPLICATION FORMS AND DECMBER 5 IS CLOSE OF OFFLINE APPLICATION FORMS AND DECMEBER 15 IS LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT COMPLETED IIT JEE COMPLETED FORMS.THE DATE OF EXAM IS ON 8 TH APRIL 2012 AND THE DECLARATION OF RESULTS IS 18 TH MAY 2012.

SYLLABUS FOR IIT JEE
THE SUBJECTS FOR IIT JEE IS PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS.THE EXAMIS CONDUCTED FOR SIX HOURS IN TWO SESSIONS.EACH SESSION IS FOR THREE HOURS.THE QUESTION ARE OBJECTIVE TYPE AND SHOULD BE FILLED IN THE OMR SHEET.THE QUESTIONS ARE ASKED TO VERIFY WHETHER THE CANDIDATES ARE GOOD ENOUGH IN REASONING, ANLYTICAL ABILITY AND TEST COMPREHENSION.
THE BOOKS FOR IIT JEE IS THE 11TH AND 12 TH NCERT BOOKS .FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE THE MATHEMATICS BOOKS ARE TATA McGRAW HILLS BOOKS.THE PATTERN OF IIT JEE VARIES EVERY YEARAND THERE IS A NEGATIVE MARK FOR EACH WRONG ANSWER.

THE EXAM SYLLABUS PORTIONS ARE BASED ON THE HIGHER SECONDARY NCERT BOOKS .SO YOU BEING A CBSE STUDENT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT GIVEN IN YOUR BOOK AND PRACTICE SOME QUESTIONS ON IT.THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET AGOOD RANK IN IIT JEE
6th February 2012, 08:17 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
The best thing is to revise all the concepts that you have studied earlier and solve the mock test papers....
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
2nd April 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

how to get good marks in iit 2012 without preparation?please answer me
14th June 2012, 04:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to get good rank in IIT JEE?

Dear IIT-JEE aspirant,

IIT-JEE is a top-level examination conducted jointly by IITs.
In this examination, only those students are selected who have top-class brains.
Every year nearly 5 lakh students appear for this exam and about 9600 students get success.

Many students start their preparation after passing High School Examination. Then, they get success to get admission in IITs.

However, I don't know what your current status is.
But, as you are telling only 2 months are left.

I will suggest you to focus only on those study material which you have already read and studied. Try to make your concepts more strong, so that you can solve any question related to that concept in the IIT-JEE exam. Because questions in the exam are not straightway, you will have to apply your mind and find out which concept and formulaes will be applied here.

Good Luck!!
27th August 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me im the studen toff class 12th and i am only preparing for 12th borad how i concenterate on iitjee exam so that my board cant be distrub because board exam are also now inportant for jee
20th February 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

SIR,MADAM,
I AM DETERMINED TO GET INTO IIT . I AM CONFIDENT ENOUGH THAT I WILL GET INTO IIT.BUT I WANT TO UTILIZE THE ONE MONTH TIME LEFT FOR ME BY CONCENTRATING ON MY WEAKER AREAS AND BRUSHING UP ALL THE TOPICS IN ONE MONTH.HOW TO PLAN FOR THAT.PLEASE HELP ME.
28th April 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

dear sirs,

I want to know about best books to study and practice for iitjee 2014.

pls advice.
3rd July 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

how to give jee ranks
16th August 2013, 01:18 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

if you have your concepts very clear and you are good at applying the concepts then you just need practice

In two months, you just need to practice more and more question papers.

if you are still to learn concepts then sorry, you dont have much time to do so.

IIT JEE have 45% syllabus from 11th and 45% syllabus from 12th and 10% higher level

so if you have done your 11th and 12th seriously then you may not find it difficult to solve the paper.

all the best
26th November 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Which is bette jee Mains online or offline? See here -

http://jeeadvice.blogspot.in/2013/11/jee-mains-online-or-offline-which-is-better.html
1st July 2014, 03:42 AM
Unregistered

I am hard work but this time 12th students ,some mistake is my 11th cls avrege nu ,what i do to cross jee main.Please give me a solution
1st July 2014, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

I am hard work but this time 12th students ,some mistake is my 11th cls avrege nu ,what i do to cross jee main.Please give me a solution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?